Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly in the clan, but close enough.. Waiting on delivery told its on a boat at sea, but close to the Uk.. Expecting a Seat Mii. Sport 3 door. In metallic black. with con pack, pan roof, heated seats, pid,spare wheel,safety assist. Its going to be a bit of a change as coming from 170 bhp Dsg Seat Leon.
But in need of a serious slow down, plus I do like a change from time to time..
Love this owners site. Reminds me of the Briskoda site when I had a much loved modified Fabia Vrs with a bit more than 180 Bhp. Hoping for some useful hints and tips for the new motor..
Rapid old fart in Bexhill on sea.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Haha nice ending to your post there! How come you need a slow down? And what made you choose a mii?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slow down.. Not exactly by choice, more by location.. Having lived in the smoke for more years than I care to remember. Have retired down to Bexhill on sea.. Its very quite, conservative and dare I say gentile..belting around the countryside with 180bhp does tend to drawn unwanted attention. But still wanting a bit of a hoot for a little longer decided on the Seat Mii. Chosen largely due to the px offered for the old motor, plus the fact that would have liked the VWUp the dealer was very very tight on the px offered.. So for an OAP the pennies do count. Plus the fact that the Seat is due to the small numbers sold proving to be a bit exclusive..But at the same time am part of a larger group, who look to be pretty enthusiastic.. Not unlike the owners of the Skoda Fabia Vrs (Diesel powered) owners who used Briskoda for their information, hints and tips and gettogethers.
Happy days, hope replicated with Up owners etc...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Another "Old Fart" boy racer here. VW Up ASG on order (for Mrs Truthseeker), but very tempted to change my Skoda Yeti next year for the Up GT when available. I am 60, but still a die hard petrol head, so I appreciate where you are coming from. looks like the UP.Mii/CityGo is appealing to all age groups, which cant be a bad thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just as soon as a Vrs.Gti or Cupra comes on the scene will have one...
Only hope its not too long and Vw see the value of marketing such an animal whichmust promote the lesser editions..

Just cant understand the low key (invisible) advertising of the Seat Mii.. Although its nice to have something just a little more exlusive (maybe thats the idea)

Vw really ought to see the value in offering Free First Year Insurance to young first time buyers... Citroen did it years ago and the salesthat increased surprised everyone..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts