Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody just like to introduce myself my name is Albert I purchased my 5dr High Up in Tungsten Silver black interior / dash.and with a Sensor Pack

My wife and I are both retired and only cover around 5000 miles pa we bought the Up as we wanted something that is reliable and cheap to run is has only done 520 miles up to now

So far so good!according to the the M&M I averaged 67!mpg ( bearing in mind I understand that they can over estimate this figure maybe by 10% ) on our recent trip to Lincolnshire , I will post some photos of our lovely Up over the next week

I have spent a bit of time detailing (new word to me as an old fogie)the Up, and I am unable to park the car without looking around to admire our car. My wife tells me I am a sad person because unfortunately she isn't a car person

Bye for now

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Albert,

And welcome to the forum!

Well; I do less 5000 miles per year - maybe together with my two motorbikes ...
My new high up! has done 400 miles (have it since end of May) ...

Did you choose a high up! or a move up!?
Photos always welcomed!

I don't believe in the M&M consumption but 60 mpg are surely possible. Belongs to your way of driving, the routes and where you live ...

Have the same feeling with my. Chose black with Salsa Red/Beige and red dash.
I get a big grin every time I enter the car. I think less 1% made the same colour choice like I did and it is easy to find it on every parking ground ...

Have a lot of fun with your up!
Andreas

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Andreas

Thank you for your greetings, I can confirm that my car is a High Up, I forgot to mention that I collected the car on 26th June, luckily it is a 2015 MY and comes complete with DAB radio, I also purchased the 3yr servicing deal, ( I had already rec'd a good discount as the local dealership matched Brokers. Drive the Deal' s prices )

I would add that have had numerous new cars over the years, I just can't stop admiring this little car it is fabulous to drive and I look forward to cleaning it, but their again I've always enjoyed cleaning my own cars

I will ( attempt ) to post some photos of mine is it a simple procedure?

Loved the ones you posted of your Up, I must admit I haven't seen any other Up's with this interior colour combination looks fantastic

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Oh, so you also have the new typre control system.
Mine was one of the last produced 2014ers. In Germany we have to pay extra for the DAB.

Yes, it is easy to upload photos. The forum software converts your photos to a smaller size (for best forum use).

Lynn has a black 3-door with Salsa + red dash,Scauba has a a 5-door like mine (but without chrome pack).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Windmill71 said:
Hi Everybody just like to introduce myself my name is Albert I purchased my 5dr High Up in Tungsten Silver black interior / dash.and with a Sensor Pack

the Up, and I am unable to park the car without looking around to admire our car. My wife tells me I am a sad person because unfortunately she isn't a car person

Bye for now
Hi Albert, welcome to the forum. I am like you, I can't walk away from the car without stopping to admire its beauty. It is even better when I can see strangers stopping to admire its beauty too! It goes without saying I think I have the best looking Up! on the road

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi LynnMc

Thank you for your welcoming post

I like to think I have always looked after my cars, I don't know what is but as you say I can't help but admire my Up. I have just returned from a 50 mile round trip this morning and it rained midway, I wanted to clean the car as soon as I got home I wanted to clean it as soon as the rain stopped, unfortunately my wife had other idea's, I am having to start decorating now, but the first chance I get I will be there with my multiple cleaning products!

After posting Cadfael a few days after joining I mentioned that I would (try) and post some photos couple I did manage to d/l one, then tried a few more, all to no avail, it must be my age I struggle with some of the latest technology

I will keep trying

Thank you again for your post

Good luck with your Up

Albert

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
hello Albert....like you, I can do 5000 miles...but in 8 weeks!!!!......we've had our ups for 2 yrs now and between them have covered over 80,000 miles...all with a big smile on our face and have saved a pretty penny on our previous gas-guzzlers! I often look at the car mags, papers and interweb for new cars but every time think that I'm really satisfied with my up and there is no reason to swap.....happy motoring!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts