Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thinking about trading the wife's little Arosa in for an UP!

Just after some info really,

Any little niggiling problems?
What MPG are people getting?
How much shopping can you get in the boot?

Cheers

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi chewy.

Can't help you with your questions cos I'm still waiting for mine but just wanted to say welcome to the forum. There's loads of info on here about MPG etc and I do know that the up! has a double boot which is the biggest in its class and does look pretty spacious. I reckon you could get a fair bit in there (I drive an Aygo at the moment so anything bigger than a pair of shoes is a squeeze LOL).

Anyway, look forward to hearing whether you decide to get one and which model you'll choose if you do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Depending on the model of up you can carry from 300kg to 330kg in the 3 door model of the car. This includes the persons, I guess.

60hp.= 311 kg.
60hp. MBT= 300 kg.
75hp. = 311 kg.
75ph BMT = 330 kg.

I have the information from the Danish brochure on-line, but I can not find the same brochure in English. Strange!
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/84e8bb7d#/84e8bb7d/30

Edit:
The information is a lot different in the English brochure.
http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/upbrochure.pdf
Edit off!

Regards.
Anders.

Edited by: alodk

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi Chewy & welcome

Take your mrs for a test drive & get ready to place an order!

We are trading a Lupo! and the up! has a bigger boot and feels much bigger inside!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had a good shuffti at my luggage space yesterday, It is possible to put the rear seats down and with that done I reckon you could get two sets of golf clubs in easily. My (rich as opposed to Uncle) nephew owns the latest Jaguar and he can't even get one set of golf clubs in his. So I suspect he's a bit jealous of my up!
The double boot is enough to stow about three bags of shopping in each compartment of it. The spare wheel is situated below that. All in all, this little car is quite spacious. I usually get in to a car that I am going to drive, sit in the drivers seat and reach my left arm as far as it will go. In some cars I touch the passenger door. Not in this one, there's still about five inches or more to go before I would be able to touch it.

One bit of advice though, don't buy a magnetic"GB" plate because there is nowhere on the rear to attach it. Below the rear glass door is all plastic/whatever and it is required to show it at the rear i believe.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I have just got my high up, cant really give you a "real life" MPG yet, but boot space is pretty good. the high up has a double level boot, ive hidden a blanket, towel, boots, water proofs, spare oil, bat and ball in the under level (i do outdoors stuff lots!) and could easily fit a weeks shopping of food for 2-3 people in the boot ontop of that.

only niggly bits as far as im concerned so far is the fact the seats dont go back to origional position when you get into the back, so my way of fixing this is getting back seat passenegers to only get in and out of passenger door

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Chewy and welcome,
I had an Arosa a few years ago. Metallic gunmetal grey with all the options. It was a decent little car, though it was a little under-geared for motorway use. The up! is a much more modern design, and has more space inside. The engine is more economical, and the ride is more comfortable. I say go for it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome and info.

The Arosa is the 1.4 TDi with a remap, it's around 100bhp so can hold its own on the motorway and still get 450 miles from a tank lol

Booked a test drive for next weekend so will see what she thinks after that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hello Leif I have just read you are getting 65.5 mpg which engine do you have ? I have ordereda highup 75 Im (eagerly) expecting mine soon I traded in a Ford Focus 80 hp 1.4 petrol, had only 34000 miles on the clockand only got an average of 37 mpg like yourself I am a very sedate driver always looking ahead and using my brakes as little as possible ! I'm really heartened with your mpg ! mike

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
highupmike said:
hello Leif I have just read you are getting 65.5 mpg which engine do you have ? I have ordereda highup 75 Im (eagerly) expecting mine soon I traded in a Ford Focus 80 hp 1.4 petrol, had only 34000 miles on the clockand only got an average of 37 mpg like yourself I am a very sedate driver always looking ahead and using my brakes as little as possible ! I'm really heartened with your mpg ! mike
I have the base TakeUp, so 63mpg is the official combined figure. I do a lot of dual carriageway and motorway driving, which helps, and congestion is minor, usually a few minutes of 20mph, the rest okay. I've always got good mpg from my cars, whereas WhatCar magazine says to expect much less than the official figures. I guess looking ahead, keeping distant from the car ahead, and not breaking much does help a lot.

It is a lovely little car. Sometimes I just rev it, and corner at speed, for the fun of it, as it handles so well, and sticks to the road, although I did experience understeer today in the wet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thank you Leif yes I know I smiled from ear to ear when I drove it during my test drive several weeks ago and I certainly will be doing the same as you experiencing the fun when driving especially for me, along narrow country lanes and around town ! the Focus felt like driving a Bus and no fun at all !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Greetings up! owners and wannabes, ordered our up! black yesterday, hopefully for delivery in September, are we going to be the oldest up! owners in town? (64 and 61 years old)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome gordoac. I have an Up! Black on order, should be here in a few weeks. Im not sure if your the oldest but there is a wide age range on here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
gordoac said:
Greetings up! owners and wannabes, ordered our up! black yesterday, hopefully for delivery in September, are we going to be the oldest up! owners in town? (64 and 61 years old)
Not quite. My pension will be paying to fill the tank!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Excellent! Though with the Up's light thirst, you should still have enough left over for an occasional pie and a pint of Timothy Taylor!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts