Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thereI have just bought a sunset orange Groove Up ostensibly for my girlfriends birthday but i do get to use it on the odd occasion.
It has replaced her 13 year old 1.8 focus zetec and we couldn't be happier.
There is no massive lack of performance despite the tiny 1.0 litre engine,£20 road tax as opposed to £220,Insurance group 4 only (free insurance first year),50 miles to the gallon instead of 28 and free servicing and no MOT's for 3 years.
When you consider the above it is very cost effective over a 3 year period.
Anyway,i have a few observations and questions if you don't mind.
1/ Our local dealer Inchcape Romford were dreadful.No test drive despite us booking it in advance,quoting us figures for a different model and not ringing us back with essential info even though time was important to us.We ended up buying with VW Abridge.
2/I slightly preferred the Rock Up which looks stunning in black but only comes with 3 doors.
3/There are no groove up stickers on the doors despite youtube footage suggesting there should be ""¦. the dealer is being a bit evasive about it.
4/Our dashboard is gloss back instead of sunset orange ""¦""¦ this is not important but is this standard?
We were in a hurry to replace the old car so ended up tagging the only groove up available at the time waiting at a port in Germany.This meant there was no opportunity to customise.
Sorry for the long winded post!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Black dash is standard unless you specify orange. I'm glad there are no stickers on the doors...one less thing to take off! I've never seen a UK Groove with them on but several European countries have them.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Not seen Groove up stickers shown in the brochure, so for some reason the UK doesn't get them. Strange the dealer didn't pull out the brochure to check this instead of being Evasive!

nice car anyway, like the Groove up with a black dash, looks good against the orange detailing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you ""¦""¦. we are more than happy with the detail in the groove up ""¦.. we particularly love the orange stitching in the seats and the steering wheel""¦""¦ and the heated seats are very welcome at the moment.TBH my girlfriend was only really interested in the stickers on the door as she has named the car "groovy girl" ""¦""¦""¦ what can i say!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Good choice of car/colour, I have the same! Mine has the Orange dash, but the dealer I bought it from told me it was a special option. I bought the car from the showroom, they happened to have it as a demo model. I too preferred the look of the rock up, but that would have meant waiting ages for one.

Oh, and there are no stickers on mine too...

Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts