Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,Just ordered my new light blue UP! (Move up 1.0 60PS manual model) with 5 doors ...and spare wheel!and expected delivery around the end of the year and getting familier with the car's features and I guess a little bit excited even at the age of 66. Not many around Burnemouth...only seen 2 and both 2 door, one in red and one in white. It seems difficult finding a light blue one or pictures of one, and hope I have made the right decision to replace my 3 year old Yaris. not many around here yet!............Davey

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Davey,
Welcome to the forums! I think the excitement is shared by all of us. My SEAT Mii is expected in week 48/49 this year, so we may be driving out of the dealership around the same time!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
There are a few light blue owning members here have a look in the gallery

welcome to the forum....last time I was in Bournemouth it was Honda-civic city! loads of them, mostly driven by ladies with a blue rinse....your Up will really stand out! enjoy!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome. I havnt seen a light blue Up! yet im guessing its going to look amazing. I think you'll enjoy it more than the Yaris. Ive had a Renault 5, 2x MG ZRs, Suzuki Swift, VW Polo and my up drives the best of them all although I think my Swift was prettier.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, we ordered a light blue up without seeing the colour but having now seen one are really pleased with how it looks. All we have to do is wait. No build date yet ( has been 5 weeks) but I'm thinking next year now. Gone for sunroof which may be slowing it down.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
You should have a Provisional Build date...ask the dealer to give you the order number and to check what code it is on the system.......Firm dates are usually a bit sooner than provisional ones though , as one member mentioned, they are re-jigging the production lines soon (hopefully for new models!!....GT)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know there was an equivalent Seat version, interesting comparing them and extras. I only knew about the Skoda Citygoand went tolook at one but they only had one and that had been lent out to the press! :-(I think yours will be issued from Ringwood Rd, mine from 'Breeze' (Tower Park). I am so glad I went back 2 days after ordering and paid the £50 extra for a spare in view of the report on watchdog last night.(see the link) I think the build is scheduled for week 47 with delivery about 4 weeks later....maybe they will arrive on the same boat & trailer eh! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/spare-tyre

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have liked a sunroof....much better than air con but not at any price. It does look good however in the ad's. My temporary build is week 47 I think with delivery about 4 weeks later....but will chase them up for their tracking code so I can look up on the computer if I don't hear anything

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW....so you have had 2 already and awaiting a third! They must be impressive11111! Yes, thanks, I will get that number/code from the dealers if I don't hear anything soon. I tried punching all the different numbers from my deposit receipt in to the box on the website but it didn't recognise any of them. When is the GT model coming out? Have they said?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Privatedoc said:
There are a few light blue owning members here have a look in the gallery

welcome to the forum....last time I was in Bournemouth it was Honda-civic city! loads of them, mostly driven by ladies with a blue rinse....your Up will really stand out! enjoy!

But this time it's the car itself that has had the blue rinse.

Nick - another blue rinse owner

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome.

I think the light blue up looks nice, but I haven't seen one in the flesh either.

I have a sunroof, yes it was expensive, but it does look good and it works well, but to be honest I certainly haven't use it much. So in hindsight maybe I shouldn't of bothered adding it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi I am a light blue 3 door owner in poole. Thin there is only 1 other in the area. There is a silver 5 door ib the next road and an up white driving about. Mine visits castlepoint at least once a week

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O thanks! I visit Castlepoint every Tues about 1.00pm, I'll keep my eyes open. Its only a couple of miles away from me. Do U park Sainsburys end or Asda? Nice to know they are increasing! Thanks again

·
Registered
315 Posts
Miaup. The up! White you saw driving around may have been mine. I was in Hamworthy recently and spent a few days in the area, visiting relo's as the Aussies say.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It was on canford heath around 9am. last tue and thur. I am often parked bearer m&s. Ir by girls grammar school On sundays. Its a little dirty atm but feel free if in area to see the colour. It is not just blue. Depends on the weather.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would love just to see the colour! Some say the 'light blue' is almost white but was not around Canford Heath that early.....retired from Ashdown teaching a while ago. Don't quiteunderstand your "I am often parked bearer m&s" ??? but if you could give me a clue where it might be on Sunday afternoon, I'd like to see it
.....just to satisfy my curiosity on the colour or lack of it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Often parked by m&s. On sunday afternoon it will be parked at my mothers by Bournemouth school for girls In the driveway. Edited by: Miaup

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Many thanks Miaup! I had to circle the BSG block a couple of times before spotting it and I took a couple of photos for the colour. Hope you didn't mind. Wow, it really is a light light blue, more like a polar white with a blue rinse eh. Just have to wait now! Are you happy with it & that you made the right choice?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I dont mind. I love the colour. It is very pale. But against a white car u can tell. Hope u feel it was the right choice for u. Im the car without the sticker.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts