Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
glad to see so many of you out there loving your up!, citigo and Mii pocket rockets!

I have just bought a 13 plate Seat Mii ecomotive 5dr in deep black metallic with 7k miles on the clock, so it's
like new.
I got the Seat Portable System aka Maps and More which is a great addition to a well-specced list. I wanted either a move up! or a citigo greentech se, and did my homework on all aspects of the trio, and ended up buying a Mii. I bought a new full size spare through vw as it was a few quid cheaper than the SEAT dealer.

This is technically my wife's car after her pre-historic megane threw a cambelt and which has subsequently been recycled into teaspoons!

Mine is a civic so I am now spoiled for choice when grabbing the keys. This Mii is amazing in so many ways. Just love it. We had the Renault for 12 years so more of the same, hopefully.

Cheers for now!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Timii said:
Hi all,
glad to see so many of you out there loving your up!, citigo and Mii pocket rockets!

I have just bought a 13 plate Seat Mii ecomotive 5dr in deep black metallic with 7k miles on the clock, so it's
like new.
I got the Seat Portable System aka Maps and More which is a great addition to a well-specced list. I wanted either a move up! or a citigo greentech se, and did my homework on all aspects of the trio, and ended up buying a Mii. I bought a new full size spare through vw as it was a few quid cheaper than the SEAT dealer.

This is technically my wife's car after her pre-historic megane threw a cambelt and which has subsequently been recycled into teaspoons!

Mine is a civic so I am now spoiled for choice when grabbing the keys. This Mii is amazing in so many ways. Just love it. We had the Renault for 12 years so more of the same, hopefully.

Cheers for now!
Welcome to the forum. What made the mii the best of the trio in your eyes?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi AlanG,
to be honest, they are all pretty much the same. Some have better points, some other bits are a surprise. If the same reg 5dr with a/c was an up!, that would have been ideal, but the Mii has some stuff the up! doesn't such as 6 speakers. I found a move up! BMT with a similar age and spec at a vw dealer dealer which was £1000 dearer which I was gonna go to see and would have bought but the SEAT Mii deal was ace so I bought theMii. Got it from your neck of the woods-BladeSeat Glos.
The ecomotive Mii has rcl, efw, aircon, zero RFL, Stop n go, split fold rear sests, ESP etc so it's got lots of the right stuff. If it was any of the trio, I would be pleased because they are all fine cars. I got the SPS thrown in to make the deal happen so I was well pleased.
Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
851 Posts
The fact that SPS was thrown in suggests all mii's are wired for it. This is not the case with the up and M&M. Only the high up is wired for it - and hence gets it as standard. You can specify M&M on a move up, but it has to be a factory order.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
AlanG said:
What made the mii the best of the trio in your eyes?
At least from the German Mii brochure, the Mii has the most pretty young female driver of all brochures ...

I think it depends of what you want and what you can get?
I wanted an up! / Mii / Citigo with a red dash and "precious looking seats" ...
So, Tornado Red leatherette or Black Pearl with Salsa seats ...

If you have another taste, the Mii can be first choice.
I also like the Mii backdoor and all season tyre rims ...
The "window lines" are like in the 4-door up! (which I prefer because of the look / design of the car).

If you look for a second hand car youz have to take the options built in - and then the Mii might win the race.

And after all: Don't ask how someone could fall into love. It just happens!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Fact is the seat, skoda and VW are all fine cars and really should be considered equal, just differing styles!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AlanG said:
The fact that SPS was thrown in suggests all mii's are wired for it. This is not the case with the up and M&M. Only the high up is wired for it - and hence gets it as standard. You can specify M&M on a move up, but it has to be a factory order.
Yeah, always like to do my homework. The Mii was pre-wired so I knew it was possible to get it as an afterthought. Don't get me wrong, the vw still has that extra bit of appeal especially at resale time, but we won't be changing it so that aspect isn't too important to me. Even the bottom of the range models have a great appeal because they all drive so well. The ride is lovely and that little engine really does a good job of making it go. All in all, a great package.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm on my second up having recently traded in a move for a high with sensor pack. The things i like best on my high are the leather steering wheel and handbrake grip, the SD card player in the M&M (for all my neo-prog albums) and cruise control from the sensor pack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts