Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with next doors cats... Note cats as they have four! Damaging the paint on my new up! Bonnet.

I have a black up! and in the sun (when it comes out occasionally) the car obviously is warming to their feline derrières.

Now, I had this with my Volvo too but the shape of the car meant there was no issue with them scratching as they slId off (it was more of a jump off) however washing my up at the weekend I can see parallel scratches where the cats have scratched my up! (now more sloping up honnet) whilst getting off!

I'm not sure what to do about this... Read all the posts about pepper, orange peel etc to stop them too.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
118 Posts
Unfortunately I've never found anything that stops my cats doing it! Only 1 of them insists on sitting on the car but I definitely have no scratch marks YET.. Let me know if it find anything though please!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Can only thing of something like a bonne bra but that may do more damage than the kitties themselves.
Unfortunately as said there's nothing you can really do to stop a cat......they are the original 60s free spirits....man!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Markmod1 said:
I'm not sure what to do about this... Read all the posts about pepper, orange peel etc to stop them too.

You need to mark your territory, eat asparagus and urinate on your car..

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
421 Posts
ZumbaKing is into more direct action.......he says pee on the cat!!

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I'll lend you my poodle....can sense a cat at 100 yards and has seen off our neighbours ones several times.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Super Soaker. You are wicked

No seriously though, I would be peed off too! I have never had a cat other than my own sitting on my car and I have never seen one of my cats sitting on someone elses car. They sit on our front garden guarding their territory, so I guess it's the samewith our car bonnet. I get cross when the horrible cat from down the road dares to come into our garden.

Cats don't like oranges, can you get orange oil shampoo? Just an idea. But the Super Soaker sounds like a good idea. Have you told your neighbours about the scratches and what you are going to do to deter the cats?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope they are out at the moment but I will be knocking at the door before I start my direct action... I expect I will get the... Shrug of shoulders..."So what do you expect us to do about it?" Line in reply... "It's not our problem" type of thing!

"I'm sorry my pet lion has just eaten your (next door neighbours) wife... He's (the lion) a free sprit don't ya know! So all is ok with you about this then?"

·
Registered
727 Posts
There's a vid on YouTube showing a solution to the cat on cars problem. I'm not going to post it here but if you want to see the vid then go to YouTube and put "Keep cat off your car" into the search field. Warning, it's not for animal lovers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The main problem is these new water based paints they do not appear to be as hardy as the old oil based paints! I find on my Volve V50 that autoglym seems to help! worth a try

·
Registered
94 Posts
My usual love of animals and nature ..... falters, where cats are concerned. Especially when the paint on my new car becomes a factor.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Awww handsome boy, he's got such a lovely face andsuch a well defined muzzle!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts