Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my little up for ages now and still haven't driven it in the dark yet.. Lol

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've only been out in the dark once since I got my car (I lead a very exciting life!) and was pleasantly surprised with how good the headlights on the car are. My old car had HID lights but I would say the standard Up lights are just as good.

Another thing of note was the lighting of the instrument binnacle - everything was clearly illuminated without being dazzling. In general, I can't fault the car in the lighting department.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Same here, only dusk for me.

But we are going to Liverpool next week to see Jon Richardson, so it will definitely be dark when we drive home.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've been out a few times, I don't like driving in the dark though! I've put the HID's in today though so hopefully everything will be brighter :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I haven't been out in the dark either and I've had my up! for nearly a month now! I find night driving really difficult these days, particularly as a specs wearer.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Same here, although to be fair, I only picked mine up on 18th June so the nights haven't been getting dark until pretty late.

I'm not really a fan of night driving either though. As I've got older, I seem to have developed a sort of night blindness and find it quite difficult to see things, especially on motorways when all I can see are the headlights of cars coming towards me. It can get a bit scary so I let hubby do most of the night driving.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I'm out in it in the dark it seems more than the day at the moment as I am at work all day. Have even done a 70mile journey in it started that about midnight... so had lots of light usage. All the lighting inside is perfect like said before its bright without being distracting or having too much glare. And the headlights are brilliant, although I have to admit I always have the lights at the highest level when in dipped setting...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts