Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange that this is the first car forum I've joined before buying the car, I was on the forum as a member for 5 months before I had my UP!

I saw the UP in a dealers showroom when I was having my previous car serviced and was very impressed with the little car.
Having test driven the blue motion, the automatic and the manual versions that was it I was going to have an UP as my next car !

I went for the manual in the end but the auto was good too, I might try one next time. Nothing wrong with the blue motion either but as I live in the Cotswolds and don't get stuck in too many traffic jams I decided against paying the extra for that.

Still pleased with my choice after 7500 miles.

Are there many out there who joined the forum before buying the car, are there many who have no car yet and not passed their test but are still determined to have an UP ?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have no car yet! All I have is pictures while I wait endlessly for the DVLA to pull their finger out and transfer my number plate!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't worry me like this Scrubnut! Mine should be built in about a weeks time so I was hoping for delivery early Nov at latest!
Hope DVLA sorts your car out soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I still don't have my Seat Mii, but it's not long now. It's arrived off the boat, but it hasn't got to the dealership yet. I'm expecting to pick it up next Saturday! I can't wait! :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
tonyup said:
Don't worry me like this Scrubnut! Mine should be built in about a weeks time so I was hoping for delivery early Nov at latest!
Hope DVLA sorts your car out soon.
Hopefully I'll have it by Christmas....it's been sitting in the dealership for 3 weeks.

What annoys me is when there were local DVLA branches, obtaining a new V5 and tax disc took 10 minutes. Now it's all at Swansea it's a joke.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have yet to recieve my car! I ordered it 2 weeks ago and it should arrive in the end of October! I joined this forum because it seemed like an interesting place for gathering info on this little beauty!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scrubnut said:
I have no car yet! All I have is pictures while I wait endlessly for the DVLA to pull their finger out and transfer my number plate!
No car but you have 201 points so you are a active member even without an UP!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Derkie54 said:
Scrubnut said:
No car but you have 201 points so you are a active member even without an UP!
I must admit, I do like hearing about other peoples' UPs and their experiences good and bad.

Ps I don't really understand the points system though.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't either can someone explain it all !Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think you get 1 point for every post, and 2 points if you start a thread. If you have 100 points you become a groupie, 300 senior member and so on.

I also don't yet have an up!, but am planning to order one soon! I like the forum as you can find out more about the car and any potential issues you might get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts