Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm no longer getting my UP! Unfortunately. I've 'inherited' an Alfa Mito Veloce and as such have no need for another car, which kind of makes me sad as I really had my heart set on an up.

I'll no doubt get a GT and use the Alfa as a part exchange in the coming years, but for now there's no point :-(

If anyone cares ill post pictures of the Alfa as its in mint condition and has all the sports trimmings the design affords. Actually a very sexy car, but still, it isn't an up :(

However, if its ok with folk, I'm going to stick around on here as I find it a great forum full of great folk.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh by the way, if anyone's looking to buy an UP! With the details listed in my siggie, it'll most likely be ready by mid may so you can get a top spec in about 5/6 weeks as opposed to the usual minimum 2 month wait.

Whoever buys it, you better treat it well! Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry to hear that Fidel, good news about the Alfa though?

Out of interest, as you have ordered a new build car to your exact specification when you cancel do you lose your deposit and just walk away?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luckily the dealer refunded the deposit, but effectively yeah, Just walk away. All the optional extras we got thrown in (like free mats and servicing) also have been deleted so whoever gets it will need to re-negotiate them. The dealer seemed disappointed but really as they're selling like got cakes, it'll be snapped up with no issues.

But regarding the Alfa, yeah, for reasons I won't go into now I got it absolutely free, so really I'm extremely chuffed. An 09'reg 1.4 turbo 120bhp with only 20k on the clock. Job done IMHO. Like I said, in a couple of years ill see what the up specs are like as we're going to be living in the city for a good decade more I'd say, so getting a small city car will still be logical. The only downside to the Alfa is the suspension is extremely hard even on the 'all weather' setting (it has a switch inside where you can tailor the traction and suspension depending on the weather and road/journey type), so you really feel those bumps, but careful driving ensures it should be good for its next service and MOT.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Mito is a nice little car and is a more premium hatchback than the up!. The 1.4TB is a cracking engine and does shift. Test drove one a few years back the DNA switch I thought a bit of a gimmick but fun in sport mode. The wife hated the looks so never got further than a test drive. Enjoy itespeciallyFOC

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wilfy said:
Fidel_Castronaut said:
Luckily the dealer refunded the deposit,

That's good of them, I assume they don't have to?
nope, they don't. It was a lucky coincidence in many respects because when I placed the order and paid the deposit I got the dealer to agree that if I for some reason wanted to cancel I would get the deposit back. He agreed (not in writing) and then the rest is history.

But if that's something you want to agree you'll have to take it up with the dealer you've spoken to. They might be accommodating, but then again, they might not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts