Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any UP workshop manuals yet, I don't mean on line downloadable ones but the Haynes book type. Anyone seen anything hard bound ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Simple answer is no.....and I doubt we will ever see a paper edition of a workshop manual for the Up or any other newish car. Haynes stopped doing car manuals some time ago because they thought that there is not much the owner/ driver can do as far as servicing goes. Ok.....some of us can change oil and filters etc. The bottom line is that the manufacturer does not want you, the owner, to touch your own car.
I have rebuilt many engines and gearboxes in my time and built 2 cars from scratch, but I would not want to touch a modern car because they have been made so inaccessible to " fiddle" with. Suspension, wheels, tyres are fine....but when you get into engine/gearbox you are left with remapping. I'm afraid my days of fitting high lift cams etc are gone.
So now I have had my little moan, it is down to all you younger folks to put me right.

Go well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi!

Electronic VW workshop manuals are issued under the application ELSAWIN, it's the official workshop software from VW, search for it online. You can also download ETKA, wich is the electronic piece and spare part catalog. ETKA and ELSAWIN are a must have for any mid-enthusiast VW owner ;)

Cheers

Edit: I'm sorry I just read you asked for printed manuals. No idea on those, anyway try ELSAWIN, you can always print the page and is way more convenient than printed books!

Edited by: Hambert

·
Registered
111 Posts
I recently bought a Haynes for my Fiat 500 - I always thought the criteria for Haynes was potential audience. But things may have changed! However, I would have expected an eventual manual for the Up! as it seems to be a potential big seller. I do hope Hambert isn't correct on this!

There are, however, lots of snippets already on this forum of how to do certain tasks or jobs. However, I find it hard to access them. For me, the search function just doesn't seem to work effectively, leaving me to trawl through pages of posts to rediscover what I am after.

Could I request of the Mods on here that we create a "stickies" section where these "How to s..." can be positioned?

We will, then, in effect be building our own guide to the more popular maintenance tasks for all to share.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry - I meant Night Owl in my reference above!

For Hambert, thanks for your Elsawin reference, but they only seem to go up to 2011. No good for our 2012 on cars.

Is there a more recent version?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts