Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like they are a limited edition after all. I Was messing with the Vw configurator today and it looks like up! Blacks and up! Whites have been removed from it. So if your after one you'd better go ask your dealer quick. Glad I got mine last month now.

Paul

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
o for poo sake! lol on a plus you can now configure the groove or rock up! I don't know if I want to if it will make me think ahh s**t I cat do that to mine!

After a little play I don't want them lo only thing I like is the black wing mirrors which I'm thinkin on doing to mine but on the vw webby the groove up is shown in orange, but when I configurated it, it turned white then on the paint page theres no option for orange... so either I'm missing an update or they are teasing us haha

looks like I'll be getting a pre owned up! black or as many people are saying up! gt
Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
198 Posts
Excellent... after many years when it stars falling apart and I decide to sell it, I'll get better price for a "super rare limited collector's edition white"...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
ptae2000e said:
Excellent... after many years when it stars falling apart and I decide to sell it, I'll get better price for a "super rare limited collector's edition white"...

Grrrrr

(Only joking)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Glad I got my order in when I did under

·
Registered
226 Posts
The up white seemed quite attractive to me but I don't think I'll go for a rock or groove up

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a spare wheel purchase option for the specials. Not on the iPad app anyway.

·
Registered
36 Posts
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">I was going to order another Up Black but maybe interested in the Groove up now. Would like to see real pictures of the new sunset red as it looks a bit too orange on the website.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think when I come to order a new one it will be another High Up! or the GT!

·
Registered
604 Posts
beachvibes said:
<div style="margin-left: 2px; margin-top: 2px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; -: none; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">I was going to order another Up Black but maybe interested in the Groove up now. Would like to see real pictures of the new sunset red as it looks a bit too orange on the website. 
I seen that sunset red on a polo a couple of days ago it looks lovely

·
Registered
727 Posts
b10cker said:
Looks like they are a limited edition after all. I Was messing with the Vw configurator today and it looks like up! Blacks and up! Whites have been removed from it.

up! white and black are still on the VW configurator here in Switzerland but is no longer found on VW's German site. If the thought that VW has dropped the up! white/black has got you down than here's news to brighten your day, VW now has a "cheer up!".

·
Registered
235 Posts
It looks as though VW have caught the Mini bug and have realised they can make much better margins by offering a series of over-priced specials.

The Black and White were nicely specified for a reasonable premium, helped by the fact that special white and pearl black were included in the price, but looking at the Groove and Rock version, they seem to offer little extra for a lot more £ - unless I'm missing something.

The Groove up! appears to be a High up! with 16" wheels, special seat fabric and a couple of special colours - including pearl white @ £910 extra!!! They seem to have included the spare wheel as standard, but not the sound pack (which now appears to come as standard on the High up!).

The Rock up! is a High up! with limited colour range (metallic is extra though), stripes, spoilers, skirts, 16" wheels, spare wheel and sports suspension. Unless the VW website is wrong, the stereo in the technical info is the same as in all other up!s. At nearly £13k in basic form, it doesn't bode too well for the price of the up! GT - perhaps part of the delay in launching the GT is to see how far they can go with the price!

A High up! with your choice of options looks like much better value IMHO.

·
Registered
811 Posts
As long as they don't bring out a **** Up! I don't mind.....

Actually, that would be the Audi badged version

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
O crikey don't say that : ( but your probs right!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the VW Groove Up! in sunset orange looks delightful - the interior is a cut above the other models, with rather splendid orange piping - classy. As for the price - difficult to justify paying an extra 700 pounds for a sub woofer but am sorely tempted by the whole package. Anyone seen the "sunset orange" in the flesh, so to speak?Is it a bit red? Does it glow in the dark? Also, am I right in thinking that special editions don't hold their value?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts