Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You lucky people in the UK can track your order on the VW site but sadly no such feature in Ireland. All my dealer could say was that my red Up will be produced in week 39 but he has no idea about order tracking. Also because delivery is by ship to Ireland typical lead times can vary by 2 weeks because they have to fill the ship which takes longer late in the year. Agh!

Weird knowing that your next car hasn't been made yet and is just a bunch of parts and sheet metal right now!Edited by: DesB

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know the feeling. I am waiting for my new Up! as well, but we don't have tracking in Denmark either. I have of course forgotten which week mine was supposed to be produced, but I think it was actually this week or last (week 36 or 37). I ordered it around the beginning of July, so it feels like ages ago.

Do you, or anyone else, know when the dealer will call me? Will it be when the car has been shipped from the factory, or first when it arrives at the dealer?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi katrine

I'm guessing the dealer only calls when the car reaches your country - say the day before you pick it up?

I've never bought a car with such a long lead time. I'm very impatient but am resisting emailing the dealer too often so he won't see how sad I am!

At least you will have yours say 3 weeks before me and you are closer to the factory! What did you order? Let us know when it arrives. Good luck!Edited by: DesB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

I think the dealer will call at least a week before we can pick it up though, cause we have to give them some details regarding registration. But I just couldn't remember whether they would also call to tell me it is on its way. I hope so! But I feel like you, I don't want to bug them with calls and emails too often.

I have ordered a Move Up! in Mayan blue. It is a so-called "Roskilde Up!", so with Maps & More, Fender sound system, leather steering wheel and a few other things on top of the standard Move Up. I promise to post pictures as soon as it arrives. Hopefully not long to go now!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks... Wow nice colour! I deeply envy you the Fender sound system! I've ordered a red High Up with matching red dash and red trim seats. Based on the friendly advice here I've ordered the sound pack as extra.

My advice is to swallow your pride and email the dealer to find out at what stage he will be contact you. Invent an excuse for needing to know so he will think you're a normal person ;)

Meanwhile you can only dream your driving your beautiful new blue Up!
Edited by: DesB

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi DesB,

no order tracking in Germany too ...

"Red trim seats" means the "Salsa" seats?
I have a black high up! with same dash and seats as you (see my car link).
You will love the dash and seats!

Fender Sound System is surely better - but you will like the 6 speakers, too!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Andreas

Yes I mean the red salsa seats just like yours. Like you I had doubts about those seats and whether they would wear ok.

However when I see your pics I feel good about my choice. I'm sure Horatio is happy in your car

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have some guitars ans basses and after some time, they get "dings and dongs" ...
This is always a "sad" situation - but my Telecaster with it's 25 years is in better condition than I when I bought it ...

There might be problems in the future with the beige seats - but they look so great that I don't mind. You will smile very time you open the door and see the dash and the seats! And these colours are so timeless, that they won't be strange in 10 years. Classic car interior colours for British, German and Italian cars for over 60 years ...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're quite right - although unfortunately I'm too much of a perfectionist to live with dirty seats. However from what I read from other users the seats are hard wearing so no worries if they need an occasional clean.

My test drive car was plain all-black interior and in my view it was just too dull. Black seats plus black dash is too dark. I love when the dash matches the exterior but when the exterior is black, going for a contrasting red is a smart move.

Each to their own I guess. The red interior offset by the grey looks terrific. In many ways having an uplifting car interior is maybe even more important than the exterior because that is what you look at as you drive.

Edited by: DesB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good news, the dealer has just sent me an email saying that we can pick the car up on Tuesday!

It will probably feel like the longest week ever :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great news I'm delighted for you Katrine.The last week of waiting must be agony :)
Have fun when it arrives and don't forget to share a pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts