Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to have a look at my mum's new UP-white at the weekend. One thing I noticed was when I unlocked the car with the remote and opened the door there was a very faint whirring noise for a couple of seconds (electric motor or pump ?).

If I locked the car and tried again there was no noise but when I came back to it later in the day I heard the noise again.

I had a search on here and couldn't see it mentioned.

Anyone else hear this noise ? I don't suppose it's a problem, just wondered what it was ?

·
Registered
705 Posts
The likeliest candidate is the fuel pump.

Nick

·
Registered
128 Posts
From memory, I read on here that it is doing a check on the ABS etc

·
Registered
14 Posts
On my Up!, sometimes the plastic B-pillar trim makes a contracting type of noise straight after opening the door. Could you be hearing this?
Edited by: peterche

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
peterche said:
On my Up!, sometimes the plastic A-pillar trim makes a contracting type of noise straight after opening the door. Could you be hearing this?
I don't think so, fairly sure it was an electromechanical noise but it's pretty quiet. I figured something like the fuel system being pressurised but wasn't sure and wondered if anyone here had already figured it out.

I've tried searching again to see what has been mentioned about it previously but still can't find the thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts