Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

my name is Andi from Germany. We have already a Cheer Up in our Family. My mum runs the 60 bhp monster with a smile on her face.
No it is time for myself. Don`t play jokes on me, but we thought about a Golf Variant. The Background is, my choice went for the equipment feature "family" - in detail a young lady coming this year in summer. My first ideas were "clear space, space, space", in this chronology.
After a few shocking moments, there is no need for a hughe car at the moment. We own a Golf Hatchback with four doors. This is enough for the first months.

So the decision was up to me. Vmax, Bhp, Exhaust sound - ****, I`m too old for this. With my 30 years experience I went for the economic solution, but without loosing my heartbeat. I went for this beauty:

- VW Up Highline 75 bhp
- black
- 17 inch Polygon alloys with the sport pack and the sport suspension
- leatherette pack
- winter pack is already included as well as a/c
- Fender Soundsystem
- Maps and More Navigation
- Drive Pack Plus with cruise control and this stuff.

I love the look of this car. We will collect it in Wolfsburg in April. Can`t wait to enter my black beauty. Hope to discuss a lot with you guys.

Greetings
Nordisc

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good choice. I hope you like it too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Andi,

You share my great taste in options

I have just confirmed my order for a black groove with;
Polygons (I'm told they come with sports pack and suspension as a package?)
Panoramic roof
Sensor pack with cruise control
Fender (standart fitting in groove)
DAB radio
I must goand check the order tracker again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey glug,

The Polygons come with the 15mm lower suspension and the tinted windows.

Congrats for your choice. I am looking for reviews according the panoramic roof.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Good choice. The Golf Estate is officially the dullest car in the galaxy

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Andi,

I think we already know each other from the German forum ...

Very good choice, indeed!

I know that you have a long distance to work on the motorway / Autobahn ...
So, the Fender Sound System will surely be best for you!

Beiing a "Black Beauty", it should have a Gibson Sound System ...

(Gibson had a famous 3 humbucker Les Paul guitar with gold hardware, called "Black Beauty").

As I already told you: Following your heart (except for something totally stupid) is better than following your mind. Extras can be payed - real satisfaction can't be payed ...

I have been struggeling how my up! shall look like for four mounth now ...

No problem as my Lupo has been working well for 10 years and I want to have my new car in summer (so that I can ride motorbike while the car is at the "TÃV"). Why is there no up! with Fender Sound System in Candy Apple Red? Looks great with Chrome pack (as my Fender Jazz Bass proves) ...

Viele GrüÃe

Andreas (no one calls me "Andi")

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Nordisc

From my experience, the sunroof is excellent, when closed, it makes the interior bright and airy, when open, it's fine up to about 50 mph/ 85kph, then it gets too noisy and I have to shut it. I must admit that I don't use the tilt function very often. there is no booming that I used to experience with my beloved Golf IV when the roof was open if the wind was in the wrong direction!

I'm a sunroof fan of long standing and am not disappointed with the up!'s one, in fact I'm very impressed with it, very glad i bought it and money well spent, enjoy yours!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Guys,

thanks for the warm Welcome. Andreas, you are totally right. Yes, we know each other from other forums. I have chosen the optimum between rational decision and emotion. A new polo facelift highline with 90 bhp Turbo charged engine is just 1.300 EUR more to pay - incredible. But I don´t like the VW Polo that much. The new interior isn`t mine, it is just a small car. Compared to the up, I would like the quality and the engine, but there is nothing special to me. Even just a car. The Up hast got something special, especially in dark colors and nice interiors. So the decision was clear. I tried to reduce the price to go for the smaller engine, no leatherette and smaller wheels. At the end of the discussion there ist just 1.200 EUR difference - to less for me. That`s why I have chosen this car.

Thanks for your experiences with the sun roof. 880 EUR is to much for me and there is no package, except the cup up.

I hope I will love it. If not - the price wasn`t that high, that I will get no sleep tonight. So what. The value is great.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Nordisc,

I like the new Polo design. Had 3 Polos and 1 Lupo so far (1984 to now) ...

What I don't like is that VW Germany advertises the Multi Media Navi with lots of pages but it seems not to be available?!!! No chance to configure a Polo like this ...

Another thing is the horrible parking situation (and the mass of idiots) in Dortmund. The Polo is 0.5m longer than the up! (Polo with less space inside!).

I am still struggeling between Black + Salsa Red and Red + Leatherette ...

A black leatherette up! would be great - but I want a red dashboard ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can order most of the options with the beginning of the new production year, starting in week 22. the new larger navigation system will start as well as xenons and some options more. We have a red up with red dashpad in our family. I like the colour, but black is hard to beat. It looks so sporty. Red exterior fits perfect to the black leather seats. Edited by: Nordisc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts