Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Looks great. VW need to be more adventurous with paint colours. There was a point where Costa Azul was meant to be available, but never happened, in fact I did some mock ups –

·
Registered
331 Posts
Every car I've had last 35 years bar 1 (Green) has been black so the colour isn't really for me but still looks striking and the red stands out, I would like to see it in that bright green VAG colour.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every car I've had last 35 years bar 1 (Green) has been black so the colour isn't really for me but still looks striking and the red stands out, I would like to see it in that bright green VAG colour.
Yep. I'm moving to an Up GTI, assuming I do, for no other reason than to cut costs. Having found out than on a lease, Tornado Red saves me about 6% of the 3 year cost on one with cruise control, reverse cam and Beats audio against a Tungsten silver... Tornado Red it is.

But it just looked quite striking and well and truly worked.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That blue looks stunning. If that was a colour option it is one I would have seriously considered. Viper green would be interesting, but I am not sure it would work with the red details on the GTI. I chose red on my GTI as it was the brightest colour available. When I had it ceramic coated the chap doing it said it was a pleasant change to do a red car instead of the usual 'resale' black and dark grey. I just wish manufacturers were more adventurous with their colours

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That blue looks stunning. If that was a colour option it is one I would have seriously considered. Viper green would be interesting, but I am not sure it would work with the red details on the GTI. I chose red on my GTI as it was the brightest colour available. When I had it ceramic coated the chap doing it said it was a pleasant change to do a red car instead of the usual 'resale' black and dark grey. I just wish manufacturers were more adventurous with their colours
Given I started this thread it's a bit funny to say colour doesn't interest me, but it doesn't really. I like it when I see a car in a particular colour but I'm never overly bothered about mine. It's either locked in the garage or parked out of my vision at work. If I'm buying something used I'll take it in whatever it comes, but when I'm buying something new it suddenly seems like I've got the weight of the world on my shoulders making the decision!

The restricted colour choice on the Up GTI means there isn't a bad one there and they all look good. White I'd take, but the doors annoy me a bit inside in white. Black looks ace, but you lose the stripe. Red looks great but some of the detailing on the front gets lost. Silver is best in my book, although not the nicest colour, but I think everything works well with it.

But red is also cheap! And I think lifts the cabin a bit. But they're all good.

·
Registered
Up GTI, 3 door
16 Posts
The blue looks amazing, what’s the story behind the picture?

Did you take the picture? Or did you just find it on the Internet?

Is it a wrap or total respray?

·
Registered
95 Posts
That blue looks great.

I wasn't bothered about colour on the Gti as I think they all look good. Ended up with red because it was the right car for me. Grown quite fond of the colour, my (Rover) mini cooper was the same as was my 145 cloverleaf so I guess I have theme going for my whimsical impractical purchases.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts