Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I parked my lovely car at work, people parking everywhere (i mean, just look how the imbecil parked in front of my car blocking me) but the best part, I come off work, I found this on it and to make matters worse, no note or anything. Sadly no CCTV cams in the area.

Since I don't want to loose my no claims discount so I will have to pay for it myself. Anyone have any idea the cost? Thankfully no dent, just paint work damage...Edited by: GPVG26

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
What a rotten shame. Sorry I don't have much idea if the cost of these things. It might cost less than your excess in which case you would not make a claim anyway. Good luck.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Have you tried " Chips Away " they are very good with scuffs and minor paint damage.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Derkie54 said:
Have you tried " Chips Away " they are very good with scuffs and minor paint damage.

Definitely the way forward. I have used them a couple of times for similar damage (not on my Up I'm pleased to confirm) and you'll get an undetectable job for about £50.

A bit of a bugger if you have to pay it for someone else's cack-handedness though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leif said:
I'd be tempted to send an email at work to everyone, saying what happened, and asking the person to take responsibility. Obviously be very polite, no anger. It might trigger someone's sense of guilt. 
On Monday I was going to have a walk around cause I'm sure I can find the car with the scratch of white paint on it, but it is definitely a good idea about the email! Thanx!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VW Heritage in Bristol sent me to their people today, £145 + VAT and is done next Saturday morning. What you think?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Can't you file a hit & run complaint with the plod AND keep your no-claim status ?

Take some good pics before it's repaired, just in case you find the offender.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is the plod? Insurance is pointless cause the first £500 are mine to pay. I got good pics and I'm checking cars at work daily just in case I do find the rest of my missing paint.

·
Registered
705 Posts
PC Plod aka the local constabulary.

Nick

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, got it fixed today by dentmagic. Was sent there by my VW dealer. 3.5 hrs of work and £174.00 later,

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definitely!!!!!!! All I got to do now is wait a week and give it a good clean and autoglym polish and its all good. I was also told that the car that hit it is black, so now it should be easier to find the perpetrator and charge him/her back my £. Edited by: GPVG26

·
Registered
811 Posts
I hope you have good luck finding the moron that did the damage and giving him/her the bill.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very bad day - parked as usual in council car park, drove home lunchtime, then saw dent at bottom of door and sill. Insurer wanted me to take car to another town 26 miles away for a quote- not practical. Took it to dealer- needs new door, est 850-1000 + vat. Definately an insurance job. They said they'd give me courtesy car for free if they fix it. They are sending quote to insurer. If I just left it I'd worry about safety in the event of a real accident. I bet who did it just drove off. Grr.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts