Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So picked up the car last Monday, was driving home Saturday and a motorbike hit me!
Was really upset at the time but now more angry! Luckily he claimed it was his fault as he didn't see me indicating, means my car will be going in for repair tomorrow, my poor baby

·
Registered
587 Posts
Oh dear so sorry to hear feel gutted for you, most important thing is that you are not injured. Just hope it does not take too long to repair and is back Up and running soon.

Hope it was not a disgruntled LiberalDemocraton their way home from the conference.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is painful. Hope the bodywork repairs go well and the car looks as good as the day it left the showroom.
I have this fear of being smacked in the side as a result of distraction caused by rubbernecking drivers who glance over at the car. Also am vary wary of car parks right now as don't want door dent dings in the bodywork. Having paid out for Lifeshine paint protection treatment to keep the car looking as new for 10 years, I want the car to actually look as new for 10 years, andI would get extremely upset with careless car park car door users if they are spotted. Think of Andrew Mitchellremarks to policeman but worse!

Dealer has offered lifetime free valeting (maximum 12 visits per year) to go with the Lifeshine so there is every chance that the car could look as new in 10 years time.

Currently I do consiously look for the most empty spots in car parks and those with kerbs along one side to help mitigate this door ding risk.

It will inevitably happen but not now just please!

vup rider

Edited by: vup rider

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry, I've been exactly the same! Literally have driven like a granny!! I'm absolutely gutted! Makes it even worse in the 7 years I've driven I have never had an accident or even any dinks and driven pretty rubbish card but as soon as a buy a brand new car it gets hit! I was turning into a road as he was overtaking me so hit my rear wing, he apologised and said it was his fault so will just have to wait and see! VW have been really good dealing with the claim though and I'm dropping the car off tomorrow morning for it to get sorted

·
Registered
604 Posts
Devestated for you, could not even think of that happening to my car it would just upset me too much

Hope all is well when you get it back

·
Registered
215 Posts
Oh sorry to hear this :(
I hope it gets sorted for you x

I too look for very empty areas in car parks ˜‰your not alone there I'm sure xxx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hope it gets fixed soon, I also look for empty areas of car parks.

At least he admitted it was his fault, soshouldn'taffect your insurance

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Harwoods have taken the car today and I've got a 61 plate polo to use til it's sorted!
They reckon they will just be able to pull the dents out and won't take any more then a few days so hopefully should have it back by beginning next week!!
Have never been in this situation before so all new when having to deal with insurance companies but so far so good!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts