Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my up in at the dealers this morning for faulty radio needs new one, got it back and noticed that the dash on ether side of the radio had been been damaged when they have tried to remove facia and the heater now only blows cold also I need a/c on now or the windows instantly mist up, called them the instant I got home apparently the butcher of teesside is saying that it was already like that, I now have to drive all the way back for them to have a look at it 45 minutes each way

My argument is that the car is under warranty so I have not attempted to fix it myself

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Not trying to be cheeky but if your unhappy with you dealer contact Volkswagen UK.
These guy should know how to do the job in hand.
If they dont the should be in a different job?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
VW are pretty good at applying a carefully aimed size 12 tackety boot to dealers....call them first and have them chase the dealer for you....you should not have to 'prove' your car isn't damaged before you leave it with them!

·
Registered
179 Posts
What an awful experience. The guys who did a street muggers job on your fascia should be a/ severely cautioned and b/ shown how to do these jobs properly before being let loose on a customer's pride and joy! For a dealer to opt out of responsibility like this is dreadful. Hope you get some help and justice from VW.

·
Registered
430 Posts
gary02tdi said:
Not trying to be cheeky but if your unhappy with you dealer contact Volkswagen UK.
These guy should know how to do the job in hand.
If they dont the should be in a different job?

Unfortunately they aren't all up to the job, in these days of economic hardship even our poor car dealers are having to make cut backs and unfortunately this sometimes results in incompetent trainees or unqualified staff doing the work that only trained techs should do. I have a neighbour who works for the GK group and often he is the only qualified tech in really busy service bay, there is another but he often gets moved to another local branch if they are short.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a mistake or cutback that is going to cost them a new high gloss dash, useless feckers

·
Registered
397 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
.....trainees or unqualified staff doing the work that only trained techs should do.
Things can go wrong with even the best set-ups. Many years ago, my dad arrived home with oil all over the engine bay of his Standard Vanguard. Dip stick had not been re-fitted and was lying in a side gutter of the bodywork. That was an independent garage in Blackbird Hill, London and the Foreman was a friend of his.
I drove off once to see a huge pool of oil on the drive the day after a major service. New oil filter hadn't been tightened. That was a small independent Skoda dealership.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stetec said:
Use Pullmans at Pity me in Durham :)
Wish I had

I have a friend works at Stockton so went through them plus they could get me the car a lot faster than Pullmans when I first bought it

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:

Result !!! area manager got involved via my friend how works at the dealers

radio has been replaced quicker then quoted
heating is now sorted and is blowing nice hot air
also new dash is on back order (not got a date for delivery yet)

I am almost a happy man again

·
Registered
179 Posts
Good! Glad you are getting sorted, spud. There seems to be some justice in the trade.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update to the update

I now have a new dash to replace the one that got damaged, it looks great, but I have noticed that my arm for the maps and more does not fit the dashboard correctly, it sits about 3mm above, but this has made it easier to connect

It took two day an idea was given a horrible polo to drive while mine was away

I also got my m&m replaced because my bluetooth was not working, I'm now on my 3rd m&m

·
Registered
811 Posts
Glad you got sorted out eventually, and the Polo would make you appreciate your Up all the more. I got a 60PS Polo recently as a loan car myself. It went like a milk float with a flat battery...

·
Registered
393 Posts
When you wrote that it wasn't blowing hot air, straight away I thought that the ahem "technician" had not connected the electrical connector at the back of the unit. It's a shame it happened and that they used a sledge hammer and a LARGE screwdriver to remove it from the dash, but at least your all sorted now.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Good call, apparently They had put the connector on but it had grease on it so it came off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts