Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just discovered this forum yesterday and it's great to see how popular this little car is already.
Ordered mine on June 2nd and heard today that's it finally built!!!! Any ideas how long it usually takes to go from build to delivery?
Am feeling like a little kid waiting to open his Christmas present now. Haha

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi Paul,

The car is sent from Czechoslovakia to Germany then despatched to the docks for export to the UK. Once in the UK, the car can be sat at the docks for a week before it is transported to the dealership. I'm afraid you're looking at another 4 weeks. Can your patience take it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aw ****, that does fit in with the dealers estimate, was hoping I'd maby see it a little sooner, oh well, guess I have no choice but to wait patiently for the wee beastie.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Mine's a week 36 build, so I have specified delivery on Saturday 3 November which ties in with the return of my old vehicle at the end of its PCP term. So, my wait seems mega!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch, September doesn't seem to far away now then.
Just sold my much loved Alfa GT on Wednesday so feeling a little lost without my own car already, haha.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Czechoslovakia no longer exists. The country split into the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic in 1992. The latter is where our cars are built, in Bratislava, the capitol.

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hearing that name always reminds me of the Hostel films! Bratislava and paying to kill people for sport!

And yes for those in the know, they were mainly filmed in Prague.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do you know what your actual build week was?

It should be about 4 weeks from that to the date you can pick it up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
last week i called and they said it hadn't been built yet, this week they say it has (and no i haven't been calling every week like it sounds, haha) so can only assume that it was this week

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sounds like you dealer is one of the silent type!

I've had communication from mine every week with a screen shot of the VW dealer order system for my car.

Anyway, you should be at the wheel of yours within 4 weeks - I think they ship the cars for Scotland via Grimsby - the dealer has this info, and will know when it gets booked into the compound at the UK port.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't want to gloat (honest guv!) but we also ordered our Up! Black on the 2nd June, in our case from our good friends Beadles of Sevenoaks, young Mr Alex Goodger was the Sales Exec. Before we left home to come to hot, sunny France, the VW tracking system said the car had arrived at Beadles and Alex emailed us to confirm that. It will be ready for collection on the 1st Sept - can't wait!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
So Cool!!! Means mine should only be about 3 weeks to wait!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea my dealer has been pretty quiet. Didn't know we could track our orders???
Hopefully he'll just ring and say, "By the way your car's just came in."
He did say though that once they are built they seem to race through the system?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations in ordering. Yes it will take some weeks to deliver to your door step. I think you will have to bear with it for holding back for.Definitelyyou will enjoy yourChristmasalong with your lovely car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts