Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondering if anyone else here has had any similar issues, I bought my white move up brand new in September 12 its got less than 5000 miles on and is just over 6 months old. About two weeks ago a problem began happening with the window wipers, everytome I pressed my break they were wiping the screen. I booked into my local vw garage to find that there had been a water leak and all of the main electrics to the entire car are water damaged and need replacing! Not only that after getting a courtesy car (high up) realising my clutch is so clunky and the gear box not so good either as my move up will not go into first with out a struggle. Not only that! A week after purchasing the car from LOOKERS DARLINGTON the worst dealer out there I revived a phonecall from Volkswagen asking if I were happy with all repairs on my car? Considering this was supposably a brand new car why I revived this call I don't know? And ignored it as they fobbed me off saying they had the wrong number, however now with all the issues I'm facing seems a coincident. And I don't know what to do ? I think my best bet is to get rid before its too late!!!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
OMG, thats terrible! hopefully it will all be made right...

·
Registered
202 Posts
complain to vw customer service they'll give the dealer a kick in the right place and get it sorted, they might replace the whole car with a new one if you hurry up before they start working on it..

·
Registered
811 Posts
Definitely complain to VW and lay it on thick. I would quote the Sale of Goods Act and threaten to reject the car as not fit for purpose.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I would also be like a terrier with a rat on that 'Are you happy with the repairs to your car?' question. Was there stuff found wrong with your car during PDI? Were there any repairs done? Get back to VW and look for a valid answer. Hope you get it all sorted soon jadetaylorson

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gunna get intouch with the citizens advice beauro and see where I stand so I know exactly what to say, I don't even want another up, I loved my car but now its just put me off completely. I think ill get an audi instead!

·
Registered
462 Posts
jadetaylorson said:
I'm gunna get intouch with the citizens advice beauro and see where I stand so I know exactly what to say, I don't even want another up, I loved my car but now its just put me off completely. I think ill get an audi instead!
Audi and VW are the same company just a posher badge !

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's a Polo wearing a slightly more upmarket dress.

Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts