Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just noticed that there is a crack in my number plate where the screw has probably been overtightened when attaching it to the car. It is only a small insignificant thing really. But as the car is new and it certainly wasn't me who attached the plates. I am wondering what to do about it. Should I report it now and suggest that they get a new number plate ASAP ready to fit, at their cost? Or should I just forget about it?

I have actually decided that I shall report it first thing on Monday morning, but wondered what other people might, or might not do.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Report it to the dealer and ask for a new plate at their cost. If you don't, water will penetrate the layers of the number plate and it will look bad

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
veedub-ally. "Thanks" I thought that might be the case and I shall certainly do that on Monday morning.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No worries - hope you get it sorted out

·
Registered
315 Posts
We don't have our number plates drilled - much prefer the stick on tape 9which has never failed) and we have instructed dealer accordingly for when our Up! comes.

Can't stand drilled holes in cars - even though it is into plastic trim.

·
Registered
553 Posts
VWXYZ said:
We don't have our number plates drilled - much prefer the stick on tape 9which has never failed) and we have instructed dealer accordingly for when our Up! comes.

Can't stand drilled holes in cars - even though it is into plastic trim.
I'm with you on that one!

But we have had a rear plate that "pealed" where the tape was attached on the back, this was whilst in Spain though and it was quite warm.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm happy to report that my dealer sorted it out in no time at all. I phoned at 09.30 hrs. and they asked me if I could call in so they could have a look. So as I was going that way today,I fitted it in and called about 11.00 hrs. they looked at it and asked if I could wait thirty minutes and they would fix it. So I said "Yes" and sat down with a cup of free coffee (which was better than the last one I had there). I hadn't got half way down the cup of coffee when they gave me back my keys and told me the job was done. I don't think I was in the dealers more than twenty minutes in total. So "well done and thank you" to Corkhills in Southport.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
veedub-ally. Have you got your car yet? You will have a bigger smile when you get it. But don't forget to check the number plates for cracks. It was an eagle eyed relative who spotted the hairline crack in mine running from the top of the screw to the top of the plate. Easy to see once pointed out of course but not the kind of thing you tend to look for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thank you for highlighting the crack I shall be getting my highup soon roughly 10 days and I shall certainly look for cracks now I'm aware !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts