Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Up! Is week 21, so I got in in plenty of time to ask my dealer if I can have a square rear number plate. He's not sure if he can sort it out, as they only do rectangular ones. My car is on a private plate, so maybe I will have to provide it myself, although I don't see why they can't just ask for a square one when they order it!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah youd think they should be able to do it for you, its not hard to get hold of them and shouldnt cost any more i would have thought

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's probably because the dealer will have a number plate supplier who supplies the rectangular plates c/w their name etc. Square plates are available but not very commonly used, so it may not be cost-effective for them to get template done for the square type.

If your dealer can't help, you may have to get the square plate after you take delivery because you'll need the registration document etc. to get one from someone like Halfords.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will the dealer stick it on? Will it cause a mark when I take it off? Or are they screwed on?

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can get square plates but will it fit in the space designed for rectangular plates?

If it doesnt fit neatly it may spoil the appearance of your car.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to double check this, but the very nice white Up! In the modifications section,looks very sweet with a square plate. Hope it's lettering is of the legal sizeEdited by: bugbabe34

1 - 6 of 6 Posts