Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my odometer to-day and i thought that looks "ODD" i.e. the digital readings. The mileage readings are toclose together, especially after the decimal point. E.G.266.8would of been so much better like: 268. 8 (especially with the font size). The gap makes it read so much better. At thedesign stage it would only have neededa software tweak to rectify this. I have only done less than 300 miles and i sometimes have to look twice to confirm what my mileage reading is.

Does anyone else agree with me ?

Happy motoring...........

·
Registered
705 Posts
I don't think the odometer actually uses tenths of a mile, so it probably means you are looking at one of the other settings.

I've just gone out and checked mine, and the odometer reading is at the bottom of the LED panel and has "mi" after it.

Nick

·
Registered
604 Posts
I thought the trip read out uses 10ths

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Collas,

if you look at yourodometer (and switch between miles running total and your odometer reading, you will find that the odometer reading has a decimal point),ie tenthsas you said. When it goes past .9 it does not show a "0" but moves to the the next one digit i.e. ".1" and so on......

Just out of interest what month/year is your UP!?

My model is 2013 March- if yours is earlier it is possible the readout is different - you never know......

Thanks for reply.............

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yea, the trip read out does use tenths, not that I ever look at it though as I always have trip/mpg display up on the M&M

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But if you did use it - have a look and let me know what you think........heaven help you might leave your M&M and have to use your trip.....out of interest really...........
Thanksfor reply

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have a 2012 High up!

Cycling through the trip display comes up with the following list:
Outside temperature
Engine temperature
Time travelled
MPG
MPG1
Range left
Distance travelled recently
Average speed
MPH
MPH1
Time

I've checked the M + M and the odometer only gives the distance in whole miles. As does the display on the speedo.

All of the figures, aside from the outside temperature which can show half degrees, appear to be whole figures.

Puzzling!

Nick

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh strange one NIck, i dont have the MFD onmy HIGH UP (only two trip buttons)!......is this function you have on the stalk or through the actual trip button on the dash display?

The right side trip button on the dash shows: either total miles (in whole numbers) or miles gone sice last re-set in miles and tenths.......+ clock re-setting procedure

The left side trip button on the dashshows either: TIME or OAT.....

So you cannot see my original query about thereadout shownthe odometer reading?

Interesting........

·
Registered
705 Posts
OAT?

Does that tell you how many horses are being produced by the engine?

I didn't try the trip button for cycling through the display, only the button on the end of the right-hand stalk.

Nick

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nick dose yours not show tenths in the miles traveled since last reset?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Dave - yeh thats it - good pic. So you can now see what i meant by having the decimal figure to close to the rest of the display. It would have looked better with just one extra space - clearer!!! If you dont look close you would think that your display was 2589 miles..............not 258. 9
Maybe after seeing yours it is all about space..............

Thanks for that

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's a bit late now, but I'll have to take another look tomorrow as I'm now unsure about the trip readings.

As far as I can remember the displays have always been whole figures, which explains why I had a "what's gone wrong" moment. After resetting the trip, filling up with petrol, and then driving through town I noticed that the M + M was still registering 000 for the new trip. I hadn't completed that first mile, but I thought something had gone wrong until it tripped over.

Nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts