Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from having my fuel flap replaced and i stopped at garage to fill up

all well then, while driving fuel level fell from full to zero.......stopped car and restarted and all was fine again....
?sender confused

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, and i think the fuel flap replacement must be for a different market as the sticker says SUPER UNLEADED RON95 ONLY

well in uk super is ron 98 and standard ron 95go figure!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Mine said that on the EOS too!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I would guess it's a right hand drive country that sells low octane fuel. My guess would be Australia. It would appear that they sell 91 octane and the higher RON is 95 or 98. This would make regular no good.

Other such places might be Japan or the Irish republic.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've got a bit of a problem with my fuel gauge, everytime the analogue gauge gets to a bit lower then 1/2 and the M&M registers about 120 mile range when the car is next started the gauge registers into the reserve and about 30 mile range with the beep and notice on m&m to go to nearest petrol station. Then over next couple of days it creeps up to what I'm assuming is the correct level?? Really strange happened twice and both times not sure it's related but when I've washed the car and then the next time I start it up the dodgy readings. Anyone else had thi problem quite bad really because I know there's more fuel in there but confusing when it has corrected it self!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
wez_kc said:
I've got a bit of a problem with my fuel gauge, everytime the analogue gauge gets to a bit lower then 1/2 and the M&M registers about 120 mile range when the car is next started the gauge registers into the reserve and about 30 mile range with the beep and notice on m&m to go to nearest petrol station. Then over next couple of days it creeps up to what I'm assuming is the correct level?? Really strange happened twice and both times not sure it's related but when I've washed the car and then the next time I start it up the dodgy readings. Anyone else had thi problem quite bad really because I know there's more fuel in there but confusing when it has corrected it self!
I would take it back to the dealer. Perhaps the fuel sender is faulty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts