Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Im new here!

I ordered my Up! around 4 weeks ago during some stock system computer maintenance weekend, so i wasn't able to be told when i would get the car there and then, i found out the following monday that LUCKLY their was one too my spec awaiting shipment from Endem, i thought brilliant!! was told by the salesmen that would be 2 weeks max till i had the keys in hand, but made it apparent he didn't even think it would take that long - again i was thinking brilliant!!!

The various deadline came and passed and have been being constantly reassured that as soon as ANY news is available he would be in contact - this didn't happen - i have had to take up emailing him everyday as their is news but he doesn't want to share it without me instigating contact - anyway car has been sat at sheerness port for a week (7 WORKING days) after being told that within 5 working days of being received in UK it would be at the dealership......... i know 2 extra working days isnt much its more down to the fact that i have been being promised things and kind of not being delivered on - salesmen has now taken to blaming VW for not raising a transportation order - i dont mean to sound rude as i know these things can take time but im paying £600 for it too be delivered to the dealer........sure for that a better service is possible ??

but other than the above rant i am quite looking forward too it as its my first car!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Mine took quite a while to arrive from Sheerness too and like you I started stalking the salesman. I eventually was told that they waited until they had a lorry load to save on transport. Mine was also built and in Emden, I was told 2 weeks and it took 4.

Well worth the wait though!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just becoming rather annoying to be told one thing by the salesmen then he changes the dates the next day - im just worried it will start to take some of the shine of the idea of it!!

my plan is too simply make a nuisance of myself with him, as its the only way to find anything out despite 10 + emails saying "i will contact you as soon as there is ANY progress"

what up did you go for ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Out of interest which dealer are you using.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I actually have 2 of them. A Take Up and a 5 door High Up. They really are excellent little cars and I am sure that the ownership will more than make up for the wait.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi rmaddocks. Have you tried tracking your order on the official VW website? It might give you a little bit more info.
Just type in your order number. If you haven't got one get your dealer to e-mail it to you. here is a link to the tracking website, incase you need it.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order

It has been known to be a bit tempremental at times so just keep trying if you get no luck to start off with.

I hope this helps.

Matt
Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
397 Posts
AGE1950 said:
Out of interest which dealer are you using.
As a fellow West Sussex inhabitant .... I got a regular (EVERY Monday) phone call from Dan of VW Horsham. Worth noting that his updates were always AHEAD of the on-line progress reporter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Peter. That was better than I got at VW Crawley. Ordered on 17th November and got an email on 14th January saying that it was in transit. I was not particularly fussed as I decided on March when they said 12 weeks delivery. I had some dealings with Horsham in 2006 when I bought a Bora second hand which would not start when I wanted to test drive it as the battery was flat!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great news people !!! after 38 emails and a few calls the car is in the showroom!! picked my reg and pick up on saturday!!

Im using caffyns

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have to be honest, i dont think it will have much impact on my enjoyment from the car! i knew from the test drive i had to get one!! despite the awkward start :/, the sales man had neglected to mention that you had to dip the clutch to turn the key, so was a little awkward for the first 5 mins ......... still liked it though

·
Registered
811 Posts
Great news, enjoy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi. Great to hear collection day been confirmed. what colour/spec did you go for? Had mine 2 weeks and loving it. x

·
Registered
61 Posts
AGE1950 said:
Peter. That was better than I got at VW Crawley. Ordered on 17th November and got an email on 14th January saying that it was in transit. I was not particularly fussed as I decided on March when they said 12 weeks delivery. I had some dealings with Horsham in 2006 when I bought a Bora second hand which would not start when I wanted to test drive it as the battery was flat!!
Interesting you say you haven't had the best service from Crawley, my sister has bought two cars from them so when it came to buying my first car we went to them first.
After a very nice test drive and discussion over figures we have never heard back from them. Strange as the manager knows my dad well and he said he wanted to keep all of our vws in the family as it were.
Drift bridge vw were absolutely awful as well. Which is a shame as drift bridge Audi is fantastic and have been a customer from there for a while now.

In the end we ended up ordering my up from the brand new garage in Coulsdon, and we haven't been able to fault them! I believe my up is sitting there now!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i went for the tornado red Take Up! 3 dr with comfort pack added n spare wheel (didnt actually have a choice about the wheel as it was take it or wait 13 weeks) picking up tomorrow @ 1 pm!!

very excited as you can imagine!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
gibsonc said:
AGE1950 said:
Interesting you say you haven't had the best service from Crawley, my sister has bought two cars from them so when it came to buying my first car we went to them first.
After a very nice test drive and discussion over figures we have never heard back from them. Strange as the manager knows my dad well and he said he wanted to keep all of our vws in the family as it were.
Drift bridge vw were absolutely awful as well. Which is a shame as drift bridge Audi is fantastic and have been a customer from there for a while now.

In the end we ended up ordering my up from the brand new garage in Coulsdon, and we haven't been able to fault them! I believe my up is sitting there now!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not sure what I did there! I thought about Drift Bridge but it is not so easy to get there by public transport as Crawley is. The Coulsdon garage has not long been open otherwise I might have gone there as well. For many years I used Wolfe Garage at Westerham who were absolutely brilliant to me but alas they opened a new branch at Sevenoaks and were swallowed up by Beadles.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts