Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody up there hates me

Not only do I find out tonight that my car is build week 21 and not 20 as the salesman originally told me, so I've got even longer to wait, I then go trotting off to my local supermarket for coffee pods and end up parking next to only the second up! I've seen since ordering mine. Oh how I wanted to jemmy the lock and drive away in it!!

So, if you own a white up! and were parked at Tesco in Seacroft, Leeds around 8.15pm, be thankful you still have a car

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bugger. And I've just realised I posted this in the wrong place

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whassup said:
Should only add another week....lame, I know, I'd be

No, you're right, it's just that I'm such a drama queen and another week feels like forever

·
Registered
214 Posts
We were first told last week when we ordered the High Up in White that there was possibly already one available for us and we would be likely to take delivery of the car in the first two weeks of June but then the fella at the dealer neverbotheredto even come back to say finance was sorted etc. But when I called he said okay might not be in June maybe July but from the information I have seen if we have only just ordered there is alikelihoodthat it will be 12 weeks which seems pretty standard with these things. Such a shame we were so excited that we may get it so soon, just knew it may be too good to be true.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tweeter1980 said:
We were first told last week when we ordered the High Up in White that there was possibly already one available for us and we would be likely to take delivery of the car in the first two weeks of June but then the fella at the dealer never bothered to even come back to say finance was sorted etc.  But when I called he said okay might not be in June maybe July but from the information I have seen if we have only just ordered there is a likelihood that it will be 12 weeks which seems pretty standard with these things.  Such a shame we were so excited that we may get it so soon, just knew it may be too good to be true.
Don't give up yet. The white High up! does tend to be ordered in as a showroom model so there may be one already on its way to your dealer. Keep badgering him though because if he's anything like my salesman, you'll have to chase him up if you want to find anything out.

There seems to be a fairly balanced mix of really good VW dealerships and some not so good (mine's been the latter so far unfortunately).

Hope you're lucky and get yours sooner rather than later

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks Clowesa, I hope it is not too long I have a job option which hangs on me being able to get a car soonish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts