Up Owners Club banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes,but Johnson’s seems to have washed their hands of Me,it’s up to Me to organise the repairs with Inchcape in Sealand Road.I am going into tomorrow to pick the car up,see what they say.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just had an update, mildly concerning, the noise is due to two metal plates in the boot area rubbing together.It has been classified as a manufacturing fault and VW Technical have been informed and the workshop is waiting for a reply.
That doesn't sound good!
Please report back on the defect. Ours has a creak/rattle/clatter from the rear. I'd put it down to the cheap and nasty dampers so sort of ignored it on the basis that I would replace them with some decent ones in the near future.
VW have issues with poor quality control on the structural bonding (glueing) of panels, I wonder if that's the issue?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Is anyone tracking their oil usage? I have put about 4k on my Gti in the last month or so.
That's a **** of a lot of miles in one month! Annually that's 48k! Might go some way to explaining the oil usage over a very short period.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes,but Johnson’s seems to have washed their hands of Me,it’s up to Me to organise the repairs with Inchcape in Sealand Road.I am going into tomorrow to pick the car up,see what they say.
Have got the car back will not be going to Chester VW for the repair as they have refused the work because I did not purchase the car off them!!.Johnsons have stepped up to the plate and hopefully will organise something for Me.
IMG_0115.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If it's a warranty claim and they are a VW main dealer there is no reason why they would not do the repair. They'd bill the cost back to VW.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes,in theory thats right but Chester VW refused to back down,said take it to an approved body shop in Liverpool but there is no approved body shop in Liverpool.
C6737593-DB11-4167-972D-F714F5907058.jpeg

·
Registered
169 Posts
Took the car into Johnson’s VW this morning for the repair,let’s see what happens.Will be glad to get rid of the annoying creak from the rear off side area.

·
Banned
645 Posts
That's totally crazy, it should not matter where you purchase your VW from.
If a vehicle requires some warranty work to be carried out, any VW main dealer should be able to carry it out.

My previous car was purchased in Stoke on Trent, but i took the car to Chester to have it serviced.
The silly turbo boost gauge on the dashboard, gave an intermittent reading, whereby the boost needle worked sometimes, then for a week or two, it didn't move.

Fiat had a software update for the car, which required the removal of the gauge, and a lengthy download of new software.
All in all, my car was in the Chester workshop for nearly four hours, and as it was in warranty claim, it did not cost me anything.

Out of warranty, it would have been a £346 bill.
The software cured the problem.

Never did they say, take the car back to where you bought it from.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Totally bizarre attitude from Chester VW,the car has a Europe wide VW warranty not an Inchcape warranty.Mind you I did not fancy going to Chester any way.Just waiting to get My pride and joy back.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Chester VW win my personal award for being the most useless, arrogant, incompetent dealership I've ever used. You're better off keeping clear of them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just had an update from the dealer,the repair has been completed but ‘there is still a slight noise there’.Talking about looking at the rear suspension now.Was hoping to have the car back by now,but looks like it could be tomorrow PM.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
That's a **** of a lot of miles in one month! Annually that's 48k! Might go some way to explaining the oil usage over a very short period.
Yep, I do big miles but that was an unsual month though. The car is now overdue a service and at around 16k. So I have done 10 k since buying it in Oct (IIRC)

Oil usage seem to have settled, clearly I had not taken a good reading orginally. Car is going well, I did the North Coast 500 in it over the New Year which was magic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Quick update on this, my oil has been steady and I have recently crossed 30k. Another service is now overdue.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The initial oil usage was probably because my missus never drove the car fast, and so it was probably run in too gently.
No problems with the car not being driven enthusiastically now by the sound of it !

41 - 55 of 55 Posts