Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been for a test drive in the UP!
Pretty impressed, I have a Polo now and I really think it feels as big if not bigger inside.
Smooth,quiet and it does not feel like a 1 litre engine.

I will be ordering one in the next few days !

Just one question for you all out there before I decide on which model :

Is it worth going for the BMT, who has one and what do you think.
Is the stop start engine a bonus or a pain, any other benefits apart from MPG ?
Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have the BMT and its OK but I don't think it really saves a lot of money. Road tax is free, but it's only £20 on the other models, so not a huge saving. Unless you go into London's congestion charge zone frequently I think you'll probably about break even over six or seven years. I don't find the stop/start annoying, though I did have a faulty system which took them a while to fix. Others have had similar problems, but VW seem to have worked this out now.

In short, if I was ordering now I'd spend the money on the sensor pack instead, bearing in mind that this gives you cruise control and the trip computer. I suspect that the cruise control might be just as helpful for fuel economy as the BMT.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've got both. The cruise control is useful if you use such things.

The BMT saves fuel and gives you a warm inner glow.

I use the "every little helps" view of saving fuel.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Both good answers. I've only done 50 miles or so but already like the idea of stop/start and the fact that if it becomes tedious in creeping and slow moving traffic, I cansimplyswitch it off. BMT is a nice concept and if it helps economy then that's OK with me. Whether it's the low rolling resistance tyres or not, the road noise is amazingly quiet. I have one reservation about stop/start and that is the amount of work and wear it might exert on the starter ring and motor. All in all, I'm very happy with the set up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts