Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Perhaps it means that you touch the button (once) for as long as you want the window to move

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
My Up! does not have this. As I'm sure do non of the others who say it doesn't.
This must be a new feature, presumably with new systems fitted to the car, as according to dealers this is not even an unlock able facility on the current models that have previously been commented on.
Does yours have this?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh - I just assumed that the VW Web site was wrong. I'll let you know when my up! arrives in 2-3 months!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Well, as it stands, it seems like it is wrong. I'm not sure they would change something like that mid model year would they?

·
Registered
226 Posts
+2/3 e said:
How could ... the Web, get it so wrong?
What? Something on the internet is wrong...? Wikipeadia said the internet was always right...

·
Registered
167 Posts
The site is wrong. I have a brochure that was given to me when I bought the car this past October that not only said that, but that it also came with two remote keys. Which doesn't. When I confronted VW about this, they only pointed me to the small print that stated VW is not responsible for any mistakes printed on the brochure, so I had no case to dispute anything. So there you have it.Edited by: GPVG26

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call me old-fashioned, but I'd actually prefer manual windows anyway. Just wind them to where you want them, rather than overshooting two or three times with a switch. But the dealer said it wasn't possible to downgrade them on a High up!.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The Up! windows are so crappy anyway, there is no danger of overshooting where you want them!
I mean, don't get me wrong, they work, they are fine, but the whole mech is very cheap, they are just a little slow and quite noisy. Edited by: Davec86

·
Registered
176 Posts
Davec86 said:
The Up! windows are so crappy anyway, there is no danger of overshooting where you want them!
I mean, don't get me wrong, they work, they are fine, but the whole mech is very cheap, they are just a little slow and quite noisy.

Jeeez, not really sure what you want them to do?

Cannot believe you're complaining because they are "a little slow and quite noisy"

Are you asking that VW speed them up and sound deaden them?

They do the job VW ask them to do. You can bet your life in the development stage they will have had a machine pressing a button to wind them up and down for days on end.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Not complaining, just saying. The cost saving shows. Compared to other electric windows they certainly feel cheap.
It doesn't bother me in the slightest, I love my car and everything about it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I find the rear hatch a bit slow in opening - is this ok?

·
Registered
89 Posts
UPANDATEM said:

just move your arm a little bit faster then

·
Registered
397 Posts
UPANDATEM said:
Correct - it doesn't 'spring' open does it? And I do agree, it's not the easiest of hatches I've ever had to open.
Upon investigation, I now mentally approach it as two separate operations! The push button is an electrical switch that simply releases the catch; there's no spring assistance once its been released.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You bunch of bastards you. I'm sure you all knew exactly what I meant! Haha.
Still, I wouldn't change you, I do like this place :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Brochure shows a LHD model, so maybe the one touch facility is available in some other countries and not the UK...although I very much doubt it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
+2/3 e said:
Perhaps it means that you touch the button (once) for as long as you want the window to move
I seem to remember that when this facility was first introduced it was called 'One Shot' (or was it 'single'?) operation.' A little clearer than 'touch'- as highlighted by +2/3e's comment!
More to the point, safety wise, is ..... Do the electric windows have the safety reverse function, which prevents a finger or hand being guillotined by a closing window?

·
Registered
532 Posts
+2/3 e said:
GPVG26 said:
The site is wrong.
It also rates the 60 PS engines as having better acceleration than the 75s (presumably because the 0-62 figure is bigger)""¦ Should I be worried about similar attention to detail in the new car I've ordered from them?

The VW web site is often wrong. When I bought my car there were two or three errors. I told them about it , and they took ages to fix the problems. Often the german site is correct, but the british not. They didn't change the Uk site for ages even when I pointed out to them that the two sites weren't the same.

At the end of the day, do not trust the web site. There is an errors and exceptions clause for the web site. I think that VW uk is very poor in this regard.

Another useless bit of information is the towing section. Apparently the asg models can't have any load on the roof rack. Also there are differences between the models, which is also total rubbish.

I think this is embarrassing for such a so called premium car manufacturer.

Edited by: ducatikid

1 - 20 of 23 Posts