Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have found today that there must be a leak (have sunroof)Wet inside from front pillar to back pillar on passenger side, soaking at the rear :((
Called in at VW garage today, just a woman there and she said it must be condensation !!!!!!!! yep my a..e going back tomorrow to find my sales man.

Any one have any idea what/where leaking from.
Very unhappy, will my lining stain ?

·
Registered
956 Posts
That's terrible news Mumski1 and how utterly slack that someone tries to pass it off as condensation!!

I really hope it's something straightforward and you get it sorted sooner rather than later. Keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the posting re another leaking UP!.
I hope mine does not turn in to the same problem, will keep you all posted.
Would never of known if my son had not opened the window and for some reason rubbed his hand along the top. Do hope its nothing major, so looked forward to the car and now this has put a damper (excuse the pun) on it. Things never seem the same once there has been a problem and I know I will worry about it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's rubbish
but I am now glad that I didn't opt for the roof. I've had a few experiences in the past of sunroofs leaking. I think the best one I had was on a Peugeot and it was just a fixed glass roof with an internal blind. I hope you get it fixed soon and that you are adequately compensated

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
They will sort it out for you. VW head office seem very good at sorting issues.. It may be worth mentioning the other post on here to your dealer, just so they know it is an issue that has happened before. If they still seem uninterested, then tell them you will speak to head office before taking it any further, making sure you note the name of your dealers sales manager, and that they are aware you have taken the name.Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for support and info Rednaxela :) just been out to feel the wet and now 6/7 hrs later its almost dry !!! but somethings not right :( so disappointed and so did'nt need it right now.
Have several things going on and was so happy with my little Jet black !! and now so unhappy

Sales man in tomorrow so will be hot on his heals.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Doesn't fill me with joy that I ordered a sunroof. I hope you get it sorted soon! Must take the shine off

·
Registered
315 Posts
Have had several sunroof problems over the years - either leaks or rattles.

Our (now expired) Clio sunroof leaked for years with no real fix.

Would never have a car with a sunroof again.

Not a lot of point with aircon anyway imo.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I hope they sort it for you, mine's build week this week and I ordered the roof as well.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
"touch wood" mine has the sunroof and no problem as of yet, not had it for a week yet tho, I hope they source the problem and sort it out quickly for you :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry to hear of another Sunroof problem, i have gone into details in an earlier post with my problems, collected my High Up on Friday after almost 4 weeks back with the dealer (given a Polo courtesy car for the duration). New sunroof was ordered and fitted, plus they had to replace the drivers seat belt as the leak was on that side and the stagnant water left a not very pleasant smell.
all appears to be ok now, had some heavy rain over the weekend and no signs of any further leaks, although i will be speaking to them about a couple of small marks on the interior that need valeting after the replacement was fitted. having had these problems with the sunroof, i have no regrets in adding this to the spec, brightens up the cabin andworks brilliantly (when fitted correctly)however it was explained to me that it sounded like a one off, not convinced about that! with your sunroof, i don't buy the condensation explanation and would insist they docomprehensive leakage tests.

Although not ideal, best too find these faults at an early stage and correct them under warranty. hope you get things sorted quickly.

Edited by: DavidEw

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Glad you got it sorted, four weeks is an awfully long time though.I will be checking my interior after any rain for a while (when I get it that is)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thanks for the update DavidEw, I feel a bit more hopeful knowing that yours has been sorted, even though it did take four weeks. As you say, it's probably better to get these things out of the way sooner rather than later.

Like bugbabe34, I reckon I'll be checking mine regularly when I finally get it. Kind of hoping it's been raining when I go to collect mine, then I can check it whilst it's still at the dealership.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went to dealer today there for 2 hours and they have booked it in to "strip it down" only thing is after all there watering etc and mine this morning no more water ??
Tomorrow I am going to take it for a jet wash then if there is a problem I can tell them how and when.
Have to say with the sunroof its lovely and really dont want them messing with my babe if its not needed.
SO have told them I will return in two weeks as want to give it all the water tests I can and if its dry will leave well alone. Apart from that I love my little car and hill starts no prob once you get the revs right

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Bad rain forecast in our neck of the woods all day tomorrow. And showers up until Tuesday, apart from Saturday. Hopefully this may give you some sort of answer x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had my Move Up! just 2 weeks!after excitedly waiting 3 months forit to arrive! with aPanoramic sunroof! - Having leaking problems too! Passanger side seat belt soaking wet! Water-marks all around top sides of roof... Misting up windows really bad. Damp feel to inside of car :( Really NOT happy! Car booked in for Monday & 'I' have to pay to be able to drive the courtesy car!!! Insurance comp. charge admin fee!!! SO NOT HAPPY!!! :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have the same problem, parked on a very slight incline in the rain the passenger belt gets soaked and water collects in the left rear cupholder on the 3 door. Mists up as well.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Oh dear, that sounds like a design flaw then.Either VW needs to fix this with a recall, or they have to make it stop raining in the UK!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts