Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my fellow up! friends it has been one week of up! ownership and to summarise a few points...

-This is a brilliant little car and all you folks waiting will be very happy once the big day arrives. I have now covered close to 100miles and can say that it is a cracking car.

-Rest assured that those choosing the sport pack will not suffer from the worst ride in the world. I can say from a critical point of view having now used it on a range of surfaces that it does make a difference and can be a bit fidgety on really bad surfaces, but in general it is just fine and worth the improvement in looks and handling.

-GEARBOX. Simply it does make a slight mechanical grinding noise if you use it in to high a gear, something that will hopefully diminish as a sound once the car wears in. A slightly rough noise can occasionally be heard around the gearbox when accelerating and easing off the pedal. Nothing alarming, merely an observation.

-I have noticed that the car steams up inside quickly in the rain and the aircon is the only way to maintain clear visibility.

-The second remote key is likely to only be supplied to those who ordered prior to April when the brochure stated 2keys.

-The Maps and More device is great, shame the website support isn't the same.

All in all i am overly happy with the car and what you get for the price. It is fun, nippy and being a rare sight at the moment attracts lots of looks. I hope this brief summary assists some who are still considering committing or awaiting the arrival of an up!.

Mark

PS more pics soon!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thanks for the summary Mark. I'm glad you love the up! as much as you thought you would and it's good to have the odd little niggly things mentioned so we all know what (potentially) to expect.

I'm absolutely chomping at the bit to get mine now. Should be getting built next week so hopefully only a few more weeks to go now

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Mark you've only done 100 miles?

I couldn't agree anymore. since getting Dug,
We have been to.......
Newcastle twice (Metro Centre)
Glasgow once (Jeff Dunham Show)
Perth once (Training Coarse)
Dug has done just over the 1000 miles and no problems(touch wood).
Maps and more you are better buying a micro SD card than using bluetooth seem to pause. skip or jump (I know it just buffering)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thanks for the update guys :) am nice to know the niggly bits before i get it too!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the steaming up issue too, but then I realised the airflow slider was set to recycling the cabin air! haven't had a problem since... The only time I get a slight fogging now is when my girlfriend turns the airflow fans to zero when she gets hot... And then it rains later in the day without the fans being turned back to 1 - Which you shouldn't do as it can make you drowsy and stuffy ;)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ah ah, thanks for that tip jimbo! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts