Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hipicked up my pre registered Take Up last Friday and am loving it.
traded in aBMW 320D, so safeto say mydrive to work is a bit different!!!!!
My dealer was trying to sell me a spare wheel.
Turns out it has already got a spare wheel in the boot

Go easy on me i'm new here.
look forward to seeing what you all have and if you have upgraded anything
Greg

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey! Glad your loving your up!! You shoulda bought the extra spare wheel and sold it, so many people wish they had ordered one after its to late lol what made you go for an up!? If you don't mind me asking

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hey, happy to hear your enjoying your wee Up :)

Couldnt help but notice your location, Angus. Angus in Scotland??? where abouts are you? Im from Arbroath but work in Forfar! probably see you on the road sometime :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i bought it because it looks great, got a brilliant write up and hopefully to cut down on motoring costs.i mainly use my car for travelling to work, but love to change cars a LOT. i was losing a fortune everytime i changed cars so thought i could buy an Up and keep it for a good number of years.
Craig im in Carnoustie.
ps they wanted 150 for the spare wheel

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Craig whats the radio reception like in yours.Sometimes in mine it sounds like the radio presenters cannot pronounce the letters S and T
Greg

·
Registered
592 Posts
£150 for a spare when the factory fit spare (inc toolkit/jack) is only £50....typical VW pricing.
Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi I'm in Carnoustie too and waiting patiently for my high up which I ordered 2/12/12. Got phone call from dealer last thurs to say it's arrived in the UK and heard nothing since then. Interesting to find out how many there are in Dundee/Angus area!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truth-seeker said:
£150 for a spare when the factory fit spare (inc toolkit/jack) is only £50....typical VW pricing.
I know but why was he trying to sell me something the car already has, or was my spare not supposed to be there

·
Registered
592 Posts
The spare is factory fit option. As your car was a pre-reg he must have assumed that the car did not have one.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I never usually have the radio on in mine, I'm usually listening to my iPod via Bluetooth. But when I do have the radio on its pretty crackly, I put it down to the cheap eBay antenna I bought for it.

I love Carnoustie, if your ever in Arbroath and see a white high Up with sport wheels with reg ending in DFJ then give me a wee wave :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happy girl said:
Hi I'm in Carnoustie too and waiting patiently for my high up which I ordered 2/12/12. Got phone call from dealer last thurs to say it's arrived in the UK and heard nothing since then. Interesting to find out how many there are in Dundee/Angus area!
Any news??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts