Up Owners Club banner

Online Tracker Troubles

3K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  Truth-seeker 
#1 ·
Hi there, I wondered if anyone would be able to help me with my question please?

My car is due to be built this week (week 3) and up until this morning the tracker has read "build week confirmed" suddenly this morning it is now telling me that my order number doesn't exist! Has anyone else had this happen to them.

I'm very sceptical as it is as I have had nothing but trouble since ordering my car. My dealers have been dreadful, they have openly admitted that they forgot to place my order back in October, and only realised this in mid November when I kept asking for my tracker number and they couldn't locate one. It took them until December to tell me this.

Now I'm getting worried all over again that I won't end up with the car I "think" I have on order!!

#2 ·
Who told you build week 3 confirmed - the dealer? Go into the dealership and demand to see their on-screen version, which is a lot more detailed than the Mickey Mouse one we can view.

#4 ·
Thanks for your reply - yes it was the dealer who confirmed week 3 build, but then again, they also told me build week 47 last year until they realised they hadn't ordered it!!! But at that point they hadn't issued me with an order number to track it whereas they have for the week 3 build.

#7 ·
Depending how much you want the up! Go to the dealers ask whats happening if they are messing you around again then ask for your deposit back and leave, then go to another dealer!! I suppose it's easy for me to say that though

#8 ·
I certainly would do that if I was able to.....but here is my story so far.....

I went to the VW dealership back on the 9th October and ordered a White Candy High Up with 16" alloys from them that was apparently due to be in their dealership before the end of October as it was one of 8 that was coming into the country that were available and up for grabs which suited me down to the ground as it was exactly what I was going to order anyway.

I had to get rid of my current car before the end of October as it was an imported Mazda 2 sport that we had bought back with us from Australia after we had lived out there. The Mazda was 3 years old and the insurance on it (because of it being an import) was going to cost me over a £1200, plus the Mazda dealers were charging me more for servicing and parts because of it being an import and they were using the excuse that they had to order the parts in from Australia especially for it (which to me is complete rubbish!!) So I decided to cut my losses and the UP was a no brainer for me as we have had numerous VW's in the past.

It was getting towards the end of October and I rang the dealership to order my mats for the car, when the sales guy rang me back and said, hello.....we have your mats but I'm afraid there is no car available. As you can imagine, the air turned blue...........I had told them that I needed to be rid of my car as the insurance and servicing and MOT were all due on it and I was unprepared to pay out on a car I was getting rid of, so their solution was to take my car in part exchange there and then in October and give me one of their courtesy cars (a polo) to drive around in until my order finally arrived as long as I took out my own insurance policy on it, which I thought was quite generous of them and accepted their offer. The manager of the dealership then told me that they had put my car on order and should be built week 47 which I was extremely excited about.

As mentioned above, I then kept pressing them for an order tracking number so that I could watch my car online as I had heard recommendations to do so on this forum, only to be told that they didn't have one for me as yet. I had read on here that you are given your order number the day that you order your car which was of great help to me as I was then able to go back to the dealer and tell them that other people had theirs as soon as the order was placed and why was mine causing such a problem to them.

By the time they finally realised that the Business Manager at the dealership hadn't placed my order it was mid November which meant I certainly wasn't getting a week 47 built car.

I finally had an order number now though and have been watching it since November go from order being processed to build week confirmed, and the dealership informed me back in November that it was going to be a week 3 build. But this morning the system is unable to locate my order number and I'm obviously very worried now, especially as I am reading on here of other people who placed their order mid November and are receiving their cars. I spoke to the dealership in the week who said that they have no further news for me on delivery of my car.

I lost faith in this transaction a fair while ago now

#10 ·
This often happens when the system is updating. Some dealers seem better than others at keeping you informed. I found that vw customer services gave great details as to the order progress.

#12 ·
My high up is due to be built in week 3 as well and my tracking number is showing the same thing "sorry....blah blah blah", like you are experiencing. I checked the track last night and it was working, however.

Is this dealer the Worcester dealership by any chance? I myself have had horrendous problems getting my UP, which I ordered back in July.

The list of problems I have had are endless, but the end is in sight, as long as our cars get built this upcoming week!

Figures crossed!Edited by: jonnyb

#18 ·
Same here - white 3 door High Up ASG. When did you all order and when is delivery expected. How is on line tracking going? I ordered 3rd Jan an tracking states - "order being processed"

#23 ·
Just had this in the message bx that pops up under where you insert your order number - ??????

Lorem ipsum dolar sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.Lorem ipsum dolar sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Lorem ipsum dolar sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit

#26 ·
Once our car has been built next week, u are looking at around 3-4 weeks before u get it. I've done the waiting game already to find they had ordered me the wrong car, so they re-ordered and it started all over again.

Look on the bright side, if we kick up some fuss, may get some extras thrown in for free. Many ppl on here have had free matts, door sills etc even the service plan, which would be very useful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.