Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't order a Maps and More and I'm wondering if I'm the only person who doesn't like the look of the screen sitting on the dash. Reading the comments on here I'm starting to think I might be in a very small minority, but then, I often am!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I agree with you - it's not very attractive sitting perched up there. The dash is otherwise very clean and neat.

If it was a delete option we probably would have deleted it but as it comes with the car we have no choice.

Will be one of those things we will get used to though.

We could of course put it in the glove box but then we would lose some of the functionality which we like although in reality we could live without a lot of the features.

Edited by: VWXYZ

·
Registered
604 Posts
my up! has m+m, I too would not have ordered it butit came with the car, would have been better built in with pop-up screen prohaps. I can see it becoming an inconvenence getting it out and putting it away all the time.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad to know I'm not utterly alone. I can see that if you,re on the phone a lot it's quite handy and all the voice activated stuff is cool but as I don't make/receive many calls and don't need a satnav there wasn't much point- other than that a future owner might be annoyed they can't fit one.

Anyway, I'm only thinking about this stuff because I am WAITING! I am wondering whether to charge them interest on my deposit
:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
i got it... more because I really liked the look of the think blue trainer, and the 3D maps on the sat nav are much cooler than my tom tom ones. :) I don't use the phone bits, and I've added mp3's to an sd card, so saves messing with a ipod hookup to the radio, and i can control it on the radio console (well skip tracks!)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see btw that skoda have wired all their models of the citigo for m&m whether you buy it or not. Seems crazy that vw haven't done the same. Sure they could have sold lots more to people with second thoughts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts