Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Haha I just find it funny that a car with "This side Up!" decal is on its side. Hope the driver is okay.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It flipped because of its light weight? Really? I had better not take mine out in the wind then in case it blows away...

·
Registered
705 Posts
The up! weighs nearly a ton. It's not a light-weight - cars like the Fiat Cinquecento were 200kgs lighter.

Nick

·
Registered
315 Posts
I vaguely remember someone saying on one of these forums, that he was thinking of having that put on the top of his Up! I hope he is o.k.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Eeek, that must have been a sad day.

Call me stupid, but surely the car flipped due to it having hit another car. PCs making such comments aren't all that helpful.

The up doesn't fit anywhere close to the A series merc or the smart car.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If your wheel rides up something on one side, be it a ramp or parked cars, it will flip... it's pure physics... nothing to do with it being a light car...

·
Registered
104 Posts
That graphic looks great until something like that happens, then you think why did I
!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you want unstable then look at Artic Lorries the number I have been too that have flipped over never ceases to amaze me, often they have just clipped the kerb whilst going round an island. Forreallyas unstable as a Robin Reliant try reversing a Dawoo Matiz round a corner truly scary!!!
Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
727 Posts
The irony of "This Side up!"...!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I hope whoever was involved was OK.

However, the first time I saw that decal in the accessories brochure I wondered how long it would be before a picture like this surfaced!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Trouble with something like this with the sort of publicity given to it in the press is that it gives insurance companies a reason tostart upping their quotes for what is currently a very reasonable car to insure at between £200 and £250 in the UK for those with full noclaims.
vup rider

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I am sure you, and the insurance companies, appreciate that this is arguably quite a freak incident... I don't think that there will be an epidemic of Ups on their sides...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts