Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wonder if anyone can help ? I've had my UP! since October and its been faultless but it seems to have developed some sort of problem.

After a short drive of about 5 miles today there was an intermittent buzzing from behind the dashboard display when I turned the engine off, it may have been there for the whole journey but was only audible with the engine off.

When I turned the engine off there now seems to be an open book icon with the letter "i" on one page ? it comes on at the same time and in the same bit of screen as the safety lock icon but goes off after a couple of seconds.

It is in the handbook but just says " note about information in handbook" and nothing else ?

Anybody got any ideas ?

Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Mine has never said safe lock or shown that icon. Do you have the sensor pack instruments?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Is safe lock only on blue motion models? I don't have it

·
Registered
77 Posts
When Safe Lock is active, one click on the key's locking button will lock the doors inside and out (so breaking a window and using the interior door handles won't work); double clicking the locking button leaves the interior handles working.

I guess the book icon is just to tell you that information about Safe Lock is in the handbook.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was wondering if it had always been there and I hadn't noticed it, so maybe it has.

Just had a thought on the buzzing sound as well, it's the first time I've had my iPad in the car so I'm wondering if it was something from that coming through the speakers ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts