Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A feature I really miss from my Lupo GTI is a passenger electric window switch on the driver's door.

Has anybody done this mod on the Up! ????

It's a real backward step from VW in my opinion.

Any comments appreciated - apart from use a long pole!

Thanks

Chris

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
chrisbwy said:
A feature I really miss from my Lupo GTI is a passenger electric window switch on the driver's door.

Has anybody done this mod on the Up! ????

It's a real backward step from VW in my opinion.

Any comments appreciated - apart from use a long pole!

Thanks

Chris

How short are your arms!?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i knew this question would prompt a stupid reply but there are several features on an Up! which are "missing" compared to the Lupo. This is one of them.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It's a feature I have had on previous cars and can't remember ever using it!! I did use the heated seats during the winter. I know what I would rather have.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Beevee said:
It's a feature I have had on previous cars and can't remember ever using it!! I did use the heated seats during the winter. I know what I would rather have.
Operating the passenger window from the driver's side is an important feature if you want to ask directions from someone at the side of the road or if you want to shout at another driver on the road. So you never do such things.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I find M & M navigation is sufficient without the need to ask directions. I am not subject to road rage and therefore do not have to shout at other drivers. ˜‡

·
Registered
202 Posts
link doesn't work I think you have to be a member to read the posts...

·
Registered
811 Posts
ptae2000e said:
I've understood that he had to disassemble passenger door too, and lay additional cable from passenger to driver door...

I still prefer my solution to this particular issue, leaning over and using the passenger side switch. I have never actually needed to do this, but I have tried it to see how hard it is. Not very....

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm really glad there are people who refuse to accept the status quo and are prepared to put a a disproportionate amount of effort into solving problems. We'd still be in the middle ages without you guys. Thanks on behalf of mankind.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm working on the same mod these days, as I REALLY miss this feature.
I have bought the window controls from the Polo 9N, which includes 2x2 window-control-buttons(I just need 1x2 though). The part-number is 6Q1867171F.

I will do a schematic as well, and same drawings for other DIYs...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wow thats annoying. I never even realised on the test drive that there was only one switch. I use it all the time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got a child car seat on the passenger side so I can't reach the switch even if I was very tall. And.. the year is 2013, even in a cheap small car we shouldn't have to reach for the switch...

I would do this mod right away if I was sure that it would look good, but with my skills - probably not.

·
Registered
604 Posts
eightbits said:
I got a child car seat on the passenger side so I can't reach the switch even if I was very tall. And.. the year is 2013, even in a cheap small car we shouldn't have to reach for the switch...

I would do this mod right away if I was sure that it would look good, but with my skills - probably not.
What type of car seat do you have in the front seat that does not allow you to reach a switch on the passenger door?

I only ask this because you should not have rear facing seat in the front

1 - 20 of 28 Posts