Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
My wife is thinking of ordering either a high up, or a skoda citigo elegence, Skoda are offering us 0% APR, 3 yr servicing, sensor pack + metallic paint + speaker pack for £10,460.00

Dealer will not budge on the price, even through the magazines suggest around £400 off list price should be achievable.

Is this a reasonable price, or over the top?

Havent talked figures with VW yet, but the UP would be our preference if they price match to Skoda - has anyone else achieved this, or is paying a premium for the UP acceptable?

Thank you all!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi, i was quoted £11265 today for High up 3 door with sensor pack and 3 years servicing. The deal was on a PCP with £500 deposit and 42 months term and 20K miles per year which obviously adds to the cost.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I doubt you will get a price match on the vw, I personally lived with premium needed to get the better looking Up. Unless you have a great poker face and tell them your going to walk away then it is difficult to get a dealer to offer the lowest price. Doors sounds a good deal but which do you really want?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks for the responses, I am not bothered by the badge tbh, but the VW has the looks - but Skoda price is "right" as such
With pcp on 5k over 42 months (it will be second car for my partner, mine is the main car) it works out at £145 a month

As a side note, my car is a 3 series, and I have to be honest - I was quite impressed by the Up/Citigo - its quite perky in nature, and handled pretty nicely - I can see why its such a popular car :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
IMHO, the Mii and Citygo are the better choice if you are worried about a few hundred quid at the point of purchase.

I went with the Up! because it's better looking and you will claw back the extra when it comes to sell it on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UpMan said:
IMHO, the Mii and Citygo are the better choice if you are worried about a few hundred quid at the point of purchase.

I went with the Up! because it's better looking and you will claw back the extra when it comes to sell it on.
Its not that I am "worried" about a few hundred pounds - I just want to get best value, whatever I buy - the "norm" is to haggle some money off the price with the exception of companies like Porsche, I wouldnt have excepted a small city car to be price fixed - look at the C1 for example - I just wanted to check that was correct, and I wasnt being robbed by a very good salesman :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can get a discount on any car.I have never paid list price on any car over the past 40 years. Even Rolls Royce dealers were offering discounts years ago.
All dealers and salesmen will try to get the most from you,so they can earn more,but they have a good margin to play with,plus their dealer bonus for meeting sales targets.

If a dealer will not give a discount,then walk away and find a dealer who will. Perhaps have a look at the Internet Brokers.Most of them are offering around £1000 discount,or have a look at pre reg cars.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Beginning of month not best time to ask for a discount, additionally these cars are selling themselves at the moment and there's no stock pile. Also don't forget its about the after sales too, find out about the dealer you are buying from as they are not all the same. If you intend to change the car again within 3 years the VW will depreciate less, if it's a long term car that skoda deal is good. Personally if buying again I'd go for the Move Up with sensor pack (not maps & more)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
Beginning of month not best time to ask for a discount, additionally these cars are selling themselves at the moment and there's no stock pile. Also don't forget its about the after sales too, find out about the dealer you are buying from as they are not all the same. If you intend to change the car again within 3 years the VW will depreciate less, if it's a long term car that skoda deal is good. Personally if buying again I'd go for the Move Up with sensor pack (not maps & more)
Hi Rickenbacker, what up do you have now? I'm currently thinking of buying another. I have a standard spec move up. I'm thinking of trading up to a 3 door High up with sensor pack in tungsten silver with the silver dash. Although the black shiny dash is nice - it shows dust badly - so i would opt for the silver dash.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought mine through 'drive the deal' (www.drivethedeal.co.uk) when dealer refused to negotiate. Got £950 off, making up! the best deal. They also have great deals on Citigo, so worth checking. Excellent service from drive the deal and from the dealer, who also gave me a full tank of petrol, wheel covers, paid my train fare, and collected me from the station.I'll buy my next car from them, without any hesitation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts