Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped in to the VW dealership today to sign the order paper work for my UP.

Estimated delivery is 31/01/13 although I expect it will take a little longer than that.

So for the next couple of months its a combination of riding my push bike and borrowing cars, why on earth did I do this in winter

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congratulations!
That's a short delivery time :)Whichspecs did you go for?

I'm going through the same winter issues (or maybe even worse). It was -15°cyesterdayand the only thing keeping me alive in this cold is thethought of my warm up! with heated seats that will arrive soon. I sold my VW Caravelle T5 2009MY before ordering (horrible to be without a car, but I savea lot each month by not having a car until the up! arrives).

Edited by: stratcast

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iv gone for a High UP 75 Bluemotion in Red, 16' Classic Wheels, Sensor pack, Sound pack, Leather looks seats.

·
Registered
397 Posts
canned_heat said:
I'v gone for a High UP 75 Bluemotion in Red, 16' Classic Wheels, Sensor pack, Sound pack, Leather looks seats.
Welcome to the Waiting Room! (must say, your wheels sound something special at 16 ft. !!!)
Mine is being built next week and I am expecting it to be available mid-end Jan but I want to wait till 1 March for new '13' plates.
Using the WhatCar? on-line three-car omparison option, the VW High up! stands head and shoulders above the Citroen C1, Peug 107, Kia Picanto, Fiat 500, Toyota Aygo and even the Ford Fiesta (which in any case is several £1,000s more!)

·
Registered
592 Posts
How long after ordering, can you get an order number from dealer, so that you can track progress yourself? I ordered mine yesterday (03/01/13(, and was told 3 months - High Up/3 door/ASG.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should get your order number when the order is placed, just ask your dealer for it. I got my build week about a week after I placed my order.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Truth-seeker said:
How long after ordering, can you get an order number from dealer, so that you can track progress yourself? I ordered mine yesterday (03/01/13(,  and was told 3 months - High Up/3 door/ASG.
Hey again, what colour did you go for and any optional extras?

·
Registered
397 Posts
The self-tracking option (a) has not as much detail as the info the Dealer has and (b) it lags behind in timescale.
I ordered 2 Nov 2012. My Dealer rings me EVERY monday with an update. Currently my car is at the port at Emden, Germany, having travelled from Bratislava where it was built Week 50. Due in UK in next week or so, ready to collect end of Jan - but I want to wait till 1st March (which is fine by Dealer) On-line, all it tells me is that the car has been "in Transit" since it was Built (Week 50) The next stage it will show is "Arrived in UK" and the "Arrived at dealer".
So, the Dealer has the fullest reports for you (but it seems not all are as communicative as mine!)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Itzben said:
Truth-seeker said:
How long after ordering, can you get an order number from dealer, so that you can track progress yourself? I ordered mine yesterday (03/01/13(, and was told 3 months - High Up/3 door/ASG.
Hey again, what colour did you go for and any optional extras?

Red High-UP 75 Bluemotion 3 door manual
Sensor pack
Sound pack
Leather look seats
16" Alloys

Edited by: canned_heat

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That sounds like my next order specification lol but asg again!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Many thanks to you all. Spec is: High Up in white, 3 door ASG, sports pack, speaker pack, sensor pack, leather look seats, city braking and spare wheel.

Fortunate to purchase nett of VAT as for my disabled wife. Not many disabled people know they can purchase this way (as long as they are in receipt of the higher rate of Disability Living Allowance, instead they go for the Motability scheme.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Got the order number OK now. Tracking details still say "being processed". Ordered 3rd Jan - any ideas when build date will be confirmed on the order tracker?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It will probably take a couple of weeks for a build week, but you will need to ask your dealer for that when the tracker changes to "build week confirmed"

·
Registered
592 Posts
OK thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts