Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am New to the forum.
I orderd an UP GTI in June 2018. Car will probably be deliverd in Februari 2019.......long wait!
I used to daily drive a Mercedes 190e 2.3-16v cosworth in full AMG clad(nearly same 0-60mp/h as the UP GTI btw) My Mercedes was stolen out of a secure garage (long story) and I therefore I was looking for an other "drivers" car that could bring me the same pleasure in my daily commutes.
The UP GTI I test drove in June convinced me this was the car that could actualy replace my benz.
In my opinion the UP looks terrible....it's an ugly car, especially compared to the benz.....But hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Here are a few pictures of the Benz that I still love and miss so very much.

·
Super Moderator
1,486 Posts
Welcome, love the 190

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The Up is a completely different car to a 190 MB
You can’t compare the two. The Up is a City car and is designed with that in mind. The MB was a sports saloon.
I used to own a Ferrari which was beautiful but l don’t think the Up GTi is ugly (ours was delivered last week) although l think the five door version looks better.
But as you say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For instance l think the Toyota Aygo is ugly, but many are sold to people who clearly don’t think so.
I love your MB 190, l always loved that model and the new ones are in my opinion nothing like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the long wait. It is always painfull for me to talk or type about my previous car being stolen.....I @$&! Loved that car.

But here at long last the short version of how my car was stolen. (Not having much luck either with the UP! GTI by the way, but that's a whole different story 🤣)

The Mercedes was parked in the underground parking lot at my mothers appartment complex.
You can only enter and exit the underground parking by using a barcode that is read by the system that then opens the gates to let you enter or exit.
I never left the barcode in the car.

I managed to ubtain the video footage from the security cameras. This shows a guy entering the garage by foot. He walks to my car and opens the car within 5 minutes. 5 minutes later he starts the engine.
He is not able to figure out how to put the car in reverse and he shuts off the engine and leaves the garage on foot.

20 minutes later he comes back with an acomplance whome gets in the car and is just about compenent enough to figure out how to put the car in reverse. He drives out of the garage and the other guy leaves on foot.

Police told me a few months later that my licinse plates were found during a search.
But there was not substantial evidince enough to convict anyone.

Never saw the Benz again

:cry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just had the 44000 kilometers / 27,500 miles service done at the garage.

4 days later cilinder #3 isn't working. Ignition problem. Car is brought to the VW garage where I bought the car new. They "fix" the car by replacing a rubber hose near the bougie of cilinder #3.

1 day after I pick up the car the same problem reuccurs. The car is brought to an other VW garage due to my garage being some 172kilometers away at that moment.
Here I am told that they switched the ignition system from cilinder 3 with that of cilinder 1. And that they cleaned my ports. I get why they change the systems...to elliminate where the problem is coming from.

Another day passes.....same problem occurs but this time it is the ignition system of cilinder #1 that's not working. Car was brought to the VW garage.

Car is stil in the garage.

Each time I brought the car to the garage I get a rental car. After the third time I asked because I was having such a bad experience with VW if it was possible to get a more "Interesting" car then an standard UP! rental car. "Yes yes I will see what I can do" is what the bloke at VW rental said....He gave me the papers to sign and what do you think? I got a standard UP! rental car.

Not pissed about not getting the upgrade. But pissed about him saying yes yes but doing no no.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts