Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Up fans

So the long wait begins.

None in my spec' available so will wait until the end of April for delivery.

Funny how they suck you in with extras that you didn't know existed but now can't live without.

Wound up with ;

Groove
Black
Panoramic roof
Polygon 17" wheels
Sensor pack

I can have a High up in a couple of weeks but fancy the Fender sound system.

Should I just have an amp and sub fitted in the High up and save the wait?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did a lot of research before i bought mine and hands down the High Up! is the best value spec.

I would get a high up and pay the extra £100 for more speakers. I did

(plus the sports pack with triangle wheels and tinted windows makes the up look really nice)

Edited by: Harrelson

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
great spec......the fender system is good but much better value can be had aftermarket for audio

I transformed my sound with £20 pioneer coaxial speakers!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fender looks like a tidy package but £800 is a lot for a small amp, sub, leather gear knob. Door kick plates and rear tints. I'll give the dealer a call to see if I can take the High
Cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
We looked at the Groove and the Rock editions but plumped for the High Up! as we felt a spare wheel was more useful than an amp.

We want for Candy White 5dr with Classic Alloys, Leather Look seats, DAB and a service plan. Factory ordered it in November, built in Jan, delivery in March.

The High Up has the Sound Pack as standard too (6 speakers)
Edited by: audicab26

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
audicab26 said:
We looked at the Groove and the Rock editions but plumped for the High Up! as we felt a spare wheel was more useful than an amp.

We want for Candy White 5dr with Classic Alloys, Leather Look seats, DAB and a service plan. Factory ordered it in November, built in Jan, delivery in March.

The High Up has the Sound Pack as standard too (6 speakers)

I'm guessing you could've taken delivery sooner if you weren't worried about having a 14 plate? 4 months is longer than I want to wait.

Do you know if the sound pack has the same speakers as the Fender? If so I might just add a sub and sub amp and keep the 6 that come with the High.

Don't you just hate waiting?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not sure if it has the same speakers as the Fender we stopped considering that model when we realised the sub and/or the amp took the place of the spare wheel.

Could have had the car in January I guess, but we didn't want it till March, we told the dealer March when we ordered it, we just ordered it early so we could choose spec and colour rather than compromise. 3-4 months is no time to wait if you get what you want and plan to run it for a number of years. My wife has her own number plate but I was thinking ahead with residuals - 14 will look newer than 63 when we sell it . We have nothing to p/ex and dealers have the biggest targets in the plate change months so we got a cracking deal on the basis that we'd take it in March, an easy sale as we knew what we wanted (I've worked in the industry since the late 80's so I know the ropes). Dealer has been excellent with updates and communication too.

If the Groove is the model you want and you have worked out your preferred spec I'd say its worth the wait or else you'll be driving around in something someone else chose. Couple of months will go by in a flash, Christmas was only 5 minutes ago to me
Edited by: audicab26

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I'll be content sat at the side of the road with the system turned up to 11 waiting for recovery by the AA

Local ICE shop has quoted £500 or so for a decent sub and amp so might be the best result with the 'High'

Been looking at a few 14 plates on DVLA site UP14UPP or VW14UPP looked like a bit of fun for £799.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts