Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know I said I wouldn't order a GTi, as I was so happy with my Tsi High Up, but having just come up trumps finding an old pension I've had for the last 35 years, ( and not paid into it since 1989, which has realised a few grand) then my daughter took delivery of her Gti a couple of months ago, and I've been let loose in it a few times, I got the urge.
I still wasn't going to have one, but with the discontinuation of them in the UK, and the rarity (I've only ever seen one on the road so far), I thought that if I could get a good deal on one, I'd have a go.
Been researching all those available over the past week, and it came down to three in the end. An ex demo 2019 (68 reg) in white with cruise & park & rear view camera.
A red new one in stock with roof, cruise & park, pass seat height adjust, rear view camera, climate control, City emergency brake & Beats.
A white one ordered by the dealer for stock that's due August, with cruise & park, black roof.

The latter was the one for me. Great deal yet again from VW Lincoln.
Who knows, if the delivery goes towards the end of August, could get a 69 plate.
Will probably be one of the last into the country ?

Reactions: North London Mike

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Darren. I really wouldn't have done it if not for the little windfall of the old pension fund I found, but the more i think about it, what a lot of car for the money.
And, I think that VW may have realised they're either losing, or not making enough money on them.
What's the betting that a new one comes out with a few mods and a + £2000 or £3000 price hike ?
So heart ruled head for once in my life. There's so few about, it makes sense on one level to have one of the last into the country.
Hopefully residuals will be better than the Tsi's, but if it turns out to be as good a car as my Tsi is, it may well be a long term relationship !
I had the same soul searching as you all this week, I really love my Tsi, and wish I could keep them both !

Reactions: Darren C

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There will be no new one.

VW have stated that the Up will be “all electric by 2020” making it highly unlikely that a new petrol engined version will appear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Darren. I really wouldn't have done it if not for the little windfall of the old pension fund I found, but the more i think about it, what a lot of car for the money.
And, I think that VW may have realised they're either losing, or not making enough money on them.
What's the betting that a new one comes out with a few mods and a + £2000 or £3000 price hike ?
So heart ruled head for once in my life. There's so few about, it makes sense on one level to have one of the last into the country.
Hopefully residuals will be better than the Tsi's, but if it turns out to be as good a car as my Tsi is, it may well be a long term relationship !
I had the same soul searching as you all this week, I really love my Tsi, and wish I could keep them both !
Spot on mate!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Well done 911, lucky guy ! I also love my TSi and on record as saving I didn't need to spend the extra on a GTi BUT, I suspect I'd have a similar dilemma if I had an unexpected windfall :unsure::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4 Posts
There will be no new one.

VW have stated that the Up will be “all electric by 2020” making it highly unlikely that a new petrol engined version will appear.
Has anyone an update on this as it is now 2021 and I believe they are still taking orders for the GTI?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone an update on this as it is now 2021 and I believe they are still taking orders for the GTI?
Have just bought a 5-door Tungsten Silver with Cruise n Park and Light n Sight packs that was in stock. Was told an order would take around 5/6 months, but the emphasis for the whole of VW was to sell unwanted stock first. I got mine on 0% PCP deal! No brainer really.

A move to electric only Ups looks certain with other VAG group city cars already in that situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts