Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am a soon-to-be new Up! owner. On the 18/07 I ordered a Move Up in cornflower blue (which I think many of you call Mayan blue?) with a beige dashboard and blue/grey/beige seats. It has 5 doors, aircon, maps+more, front seat heaters, Fender stereo (it is a special Danish edition, for the "Roskilde Festival"), leather steering wheel etc.

I am SO excited to get it, but I don't actually know exactly when it will be here. The salesman told me that the factory in Slovakia is on holiday for three weeks this summer, so the production week will be sometime in the beginning/middle of September. And I think I might get it in the beginning of October. But wow, it feels like a long wait right now!

I have a few questions which I hope some of you can help me with..

Will my car be a 2015 version? If so, does it have any new features I'm not aware of?

Does the car come with car mats? I was told by someone that I should try to negotiate getting them with the car, but of course I forgot all about this when I bought it. I just don't see why they wouldn't already have those as part of the car?

And lastly; I'm wondering whether the colour "Mayan blue" is the same as the "Cornflower blue" i have ordered? I hope so. Does anybody know?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi KTS,

and welcome to the forum!

I thought all Roskilde models were black (saw it on the Danish VW website some days ago) ...
A 200 cars Linited Edition!

Yes, delivery mid October? About three month ...

Will definitely be a 2015 (2015 is since CW24 2014) ...
You will have the tyre control system which my 2014 (built some weeks before the 2015 changtes) didn't have.

Can't say; mats may be differnt from country to country.
We don't get them automatically in Germany when ordering ...

Yes, Mayan Blue and Cornflower Blue are the same! They have the same colour code.
"Mayan Blue" is the name in the UK, "Blue" in Germany (or "Cornflower Blue" when on a Polo) and "Cornflower Blue" in Denmark.

Have a lot of fun here
Andreas

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi KTS, and welcome to the forum.

That sounds like a great choice of colour, model and spec. You must be excited waiting for the delivery date.

Mats will not be included, I believe, so you might want to contact the salesman who dealt with you and ask them nicely if they can be included free of charge. I did when we bought our Mii, and I had a new set included.

That colour looks great on the Up! It would be the colour I would choose.

Hope to see you on the forum soon.

·
Registered
296 Posts
welcome to the forum - great little cars with a big car feel. Love ours. Like another member of the forum I still smile every time I look at ours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Cadfael - Thats what I thought too (about the Roskilde Up!), but the car I tested was actually a Roskilde, and that was white. Apparently it is a 200 limited edition, but they haven't all been pre-made or anything. So you can order it from the factory with all your own specifications. A pretty good deal!

I guess I will have to call the salesman and ask him very nicely if I might have some mats for the car!
Happy to hear that Mayan Blue and Cornflower Blue are the same though, I've been admiring all the Mayan Blue cars people on this forum have been posting the last few days.

Do any of you know if there still is a great demand for Up's now, compared to when they had just come out? I am just surprised that it takes two months from ordering till they actually start making the car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts