Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally ordered my Candy white 5 door High Up! Today. Red dash with cornsilk lower dash and panels. Even negotiated £700 off the price, is that quite good?
Should look nice next to my white VW T4 camper on the drive :)
Delivery late June, can't wait!!

Eventually ordered from another dealer as my local one was crap and had no idea about the product he was selling!! Didn't know about spec etc and even got the prices muddled up.Edited by: reimoboy

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hope you have loads of fun and many many miles of happy
Motoring. had a similar trouble with a dealer in warrington .
Bought two five door ups black one and dark blue but
Sadly returned them both and went to a dealer in
Chester ,and got a blue one and a red one, just
Returned from wales the cars performance
Is just fantastic you will love it phill,

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice one. Good combination of vehicles as well. The T4 and T5 campers are lovely. Bit more advanced than the Type 2s!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I used to have a type 2 which was nice but a little unreliable!!
The camper is part of the family as all our holidays are spent away in it.
I guess with the Up! we now have 'Little and Large' :)

One of the reasons we are downsizing from a Golf is so we can afford to insure my 17 year son on the Up so he can get some driving experience now he has passed his test. Insurance costs here in london are astronomical :-(

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi you were saying your son is driving the up well done. I find it was cheaper when my daughter was learning in her own car with my wife's insurance .and when she past it went up £700 they said she was a lone driver .they have an answer for everything ,I think that was with Quinn insurance ,well hope you and your family have happy times with your
New car ,Regards Phill..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered my 5 door Candy White High Up! last week and managed a £712 discount.. from my local dealer to..

I had previously used Carwow which provided quotes from VW dealers so was able to confidently tell the salesman what he had to offer to get the deal.

I originally specified Cornsilk interior but the dealer called back days later to tell me VW wouldn't fit Cornsilk with Leatherette .. ditto the folding front passenger seat .. a bit of a surprise when you see how sophisticated the individual parts matching to cars is in the factories are these days

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi their you will not be disappointed with your new car you say you got
£712 discount that definitely helps for all your little bits and bobs
Hope you have many many miles of trouble free motoring
Regards
Phill

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well finally got my build date today. Week 23 which is 2nd June so hopefully be here early July, does that sound about right ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well finally my car is ready for collection on Saturday. Paid the balance today and had a quick look at her (not had PDI yet though). Can't wait. Managed to get free VW insurance for the year at the last minute as well :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
According to the tracker on the website mine has been in the UK since 15June but still hasn't arrived at dealer.. now thinking either the tracker can't be trusted or my car is on a UK tour

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tracker seems pretty unreliable to be honest. Told me it was about to be built and I had a call the next day from dealer saying it was already built and waiting to be shipped!! Good luck, hope you get yours very soon :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts