Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive ordered my basic red take up with no extras as a means to get to work and back,apparently they dont do light blue any more!I had to have a VW double as Ive been a dub nut for about 20 years.
I am picking it up form Listers Stratford on 1st september at 1130 :) a great a great saleswoman by the name of Becky Porter looked after me when choosing the car.
Now I'm feeling the need to find some nice wheels and tyres and to lower it a tad, I was thinking of some BBS LM replica's and 35 mm springs.
Now, VW have sent me an email offering me some extras, the upsilon alloys caught my eye, I have asked for a quote to add it on the my 36month payment plan and it only works out to £25 per month extra.
Now Becky has told me that the 16 inch wheels will make a 5% difference to my speedo rating!
I find this strange as these wheels are fitted to the rock up and other models.
she quoted the tyre size as 185/50/16.
Is this the correct tyre size? should it make a difference to the speedo if they are the right size?
The bigest question is,,,, Upsilons or BBS LM reps?
I am swaying toward the upsilons as they will weather better being OEM wheels and because I can spread the cost over 3 years. However i do fancy some LM's with a polished rim grey centre and a red BBS centre caps purely for the looks!
What do you guys think?
Springs will come ASAP!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Not sure if this is a daft question - but when you lower a car, does the ground clearance stay the same? I.e. is it the distance above the drive shafts that compress (rather than the distance below them)? I'm curious to know as the number of speed bumps seem to grow and grow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts