Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys, I ordered my Take Up! yesterday, and got a stunning deal thanks to What Car? and their "Target Price" team, who got the price down from £7,995 to £7,915 and got them to include a set of mats and half a tank of petrol!

I have a few questions about the Take Up! - I'm under no illusion that it's the cheap and cheerful model, but my father bought me the car due to its great safety features and low insurance group, with that said I'm a bit confused as to what I get, if you could help me out with responses to these questions then that'd be awesome!

<ul>[*]The Take Up! doesn't have remote central locking, does that mean I just need to use my key to unlock the drivers door, which will unlock all the other doors (basically, does it have central locking)? Can you supply me with a picture of the Take Up! key?
[*]There are 4 seats, how likely is it that I could squeeze an extra full size person in the back to have 4 passengers plus me as the driver? How comfortable do you think it'd be?
[*]The steering column doesn't adjust, is this likely to be a problem for me as I am 6 feet tall?[*]The pictures seem to show white trim around the ledge of the door (below the window), as well as in the rear of the car, is this trim or actual exposed metal?[/list]

Some of these questions are likely to be ridiculous, but this is actually my first car, and I don't have a huge amount of knowledge surrounding their workings and set-up.

Edited by: Thomas Sweeney

·
Registered
12 Posts
Em doubt you would be able to get a adult but maybe a kid :/
em the bit below the window is metal and will be whatever colour you ordered your car in :)

Em dont think the steering wheel will be a problem tbh.
not aure what the keys look like tho

Hope this help
fraser

·
Registered
677 Posts
You will probably get the non remote key (obviously) that my dealer was showing me today! It's just a key' no floppy out-ness, and has a wee VW logo on it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thomas Sweeney said:
<ul>[*]There are 4 seats, how likely is it that I could squeeze an extra full size person in the back to have 4 passengers plus me as the driver? How comfortable do you think it'd be?[/list]

Some of these questions are likely to be ridiculous, but this is actually my first car, and I don't have a huge amount of knowledge surrounding their workings and set-up.
There is no stupid questions, just stupid answers!

You could possibly squeeze in a 4th passenger if everyone in the back aren't too big, but there is no seatbelt there so technically it would be illegal - at least where I live.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the answers everyone! Incredible help so far!

---

Craig200588 said:
You will probably get the non remote key (obviously) that my dealer was showing me today! It's just a key' no floppy out-ness, and has a wee VW logo on it
Do you know if it's got "manual" central locking? The comparison on the VW website (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/up-nf/which-model/compare/safety/) says that central locking is not available for the Take Up! but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be "remote central locking".

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well according to Honest John! the key unlocks the door and the boot lock ... no mention of the passenger door altho I would presume it does!!

[TUBE]LCtv_qpmhPY[/TUBE]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Craig, I didn't think to look for an Honest John video, I'm actually really pleased with my purchase now, it seems like a great car for the money, and I'm not particularly bothered with having the luxuries, the only thing I'd really like is air con, but I wouldn't have paid the extra £1,000 for that and electric windows!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi Thomas

We used Orangewheels to get the best price on our Take Up - saved roughly £500 - they got a VW dealer to contact us and arranged the order and finance

Im sure the deal i saw on the Take Up was around £7500ish through OrangeWheels

May be worth using them if you still can if not well done on getting some discount on the price :)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i drove a take up for test drive and i locked the car up after, it did the boot and the passenger door too, so it is central locking, just not remote. the key is a normal standard key, but no flip bit!

buzlightyear is right, itll still be height adjustable, so you should be fine evn being 6ft tall.

the others a right tho, you might be able to fit a kid in the "middle" seat in the back, but it would be highly illegal for anywhere in the UK or EU as there is no seatbelt, so id advise, especially being your first car you dont take more than 3 passengers

hope you enjoy your up! when it arrives :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brilliant! Cheers for the advice.

Willowaz, how was it to drive? I've heard that pulling away requires big revs in first gear; what were your experiences with the drive?

Edited by: Thomas Sweeney

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
TBH i found it pretty nippy, yes required more revs to pull away initially, but its a pretty quiet car so you dont really notice much. took it down a dual carriage way, got easily up to speed for a little car and wasnt struggling. it was maybe tiny bit slower than my 1.4 12 yr old polo i drove now, so i think you should be fine with it! all in all really enjoyed the drive tho!
i personally chose the high up, but its not my first car, will be my first brand new car tho!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts