Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I ordered a black 3-door High up! today - I should hopefullyget it in a couple of weeks.

I had the pleasure of driving a VW up! as a rental car in France last year and I wasmightilyimpressed by it. I can't wait to experience the distinctive engine revs and nimble steering that I enjoyed during my first drive :)

I'm also looking forward to lower fuel and tax bills compared to my 1.6 litreFocus. I'm actually really happy to be downsizing.

Now to read through this forum in anticipation!

Stuart

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My Up arrived yesterday and I'm very happy with it. Slight issue with the Maps and More popping out now and then which I'll keep an eye on. Also some crackling whilst streaming Bluetooth audio which I'll also monitor.

Drove from Glasgow to Edinburgh today for some motorway driving and to experience the delights of the Edinburgh Festival. Great performance on the motorway, enough power in 5th for overtaking.

All and all very happy so far and no regrets downsizing (but upgrading I'd say) from my Focus.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As an aside, there are a few "nippy sweeties" on this forum. What's with that? It's nice to be nice...no?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Glad you are pleased with your Up! If you are not happy with anything don't be afraid to go back to your dealer for them to look at it. I find my dealer very helpful and will always take time to check the car over and wash it in the process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, will see how the issues pan out. I need to go back to the dealer to get my number plate put on in the coming weeks so will mention it then.

·
Registered
583 Posts
M&M shouldn't fall out.
But be sure to make sure it's properly mounted, as that's a bit awkward.
I may be stating the obvious, but then, even the dealer didn't have it properly seated down when I got the car ...

Once properly in, it's pretty solid IMO.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
hello and welcome fellow weegie........Aye, there are a few 'nippy sweeties' as you put it but overall we are a friendly bunch.....Must say I'm seeing so, so many ups on the roads around here now that I know we are onto a good thing, just sad if the GT doesn't make it to production.....jury still out on that one!

which model did you get? and don't forget to wave at others!, I'm often seen scooting around the mearns in mine doing housecalls etc

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

Will keep an eye on M+M and make sure it actually is attached properly.

John - I got the High Up. I'll be scooting about the southside,north Glasgow and into Lanarkshire. I'm rarely in the Mearns or Ayrshire but will keep an eye out when I am!

Stuart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts