Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
siannyd said:
Very nice Ashy87, do i see any Mods or is it all off th peg?
Apart from the headlight/indicator lamp upgrades there's no mods to see on these pics. Chrome strip and wind deflectors but they're gen VW. We've upgraded the speakers to components and fitted a 12" sub with amp, hidden in the wheel well so they can't be seen. Next is eibach lowing springs, ordering them this week.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wez_kc said:
Ps what head lights you got? Philips bluevision?
Nope, They're 'Ultra' 55w 5000k, hid soon though (I know they're illegal before anyone says!)

And Osram diadem indicators

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing, the HIDs I referred to will be, didn't want everyone 'reminding' me!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ok, i dont know anything about the different lights, bulb etc, so what makes these HIDs illegal?

·
Registered
32 Posts
willowaz said:
ok, i dont know anything about the different lights, bulb etc, so what makes these HIDs illegal?
I think under new rules if you have HIDs you must also have washer jets fitted to the car, something about the way that the beam can be reflected off of dirty headlamps that can dazzle oncoming cars?

Sure someone will correct me if that's not entirely correct!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Wayman said:
willowaz said:
I think under new rules if you have HIDs you must also have washer jets fitted to the car, something about the way that the beam can be reflected off of dirty headlamps that can dazzle oncoming cars?

Sure someone will correct me if that's not entirely correct!
Dunno, but I do know that the high end cars tend to have absurdly bright lights that I find dazzling.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I believe in order for HIDs to be legal, you have to have headlight washers, and auto adjusters.
There may be more requirements but they are the main ones :)

Edit: car looks great though, I think I will look into some new lights for my up :) Edited by: Vdoug

1 - 20 of 20 Posts