Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you whant your own Pois in MM Thats Possible and you can naviage to these POI.

I use it for CNG station in Switzerland.

First you need your Pois or make it your self by Word etc ,look at the MM manual, these Pois musst bee in Comma serapreet value Short CSV.

then connect your mm to the MAC or PC go to thefolder Navigon, in there make a new Folder callMyPOIs (this is importet otherwise it will not Work use Big and Smal Letters !! EXACLY call it MyPOIs)

then you can place your CSV File there i nthe new Folder, you can also put a Icon there, bmp (Bitmap) or png (Portable Network Graphic)
SIZE max. 40x25 Pixel

here some example:

greetings

Jarre

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's going to be a lot of work to put all CNG stations in it .

Didn't the M&M come with at least some CNG stations preloaded on the Ecofuel ups ? I seem to have read something about that, somewhere.Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Jarre. Thanks for the information. I was hoping that this was possible. Navigon use the same format as Garmin, (which I also have) and this makes it easy for me to add my own POI,s.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Thanks for the info...going to try it with the pocketgps database that I subscribe to I think they provide speedcams as a csv list too.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
OK, tried adding the speedcam database as poi's and failed as will only allow 1000 poi's to be user defined.....therefore incomplete list.......worked as jarre said though so
nice one mate

·
Registered
63 Posts
Privatedoc said:
OK, tried adding the speedcam database as poi's and failed as will only allow 1000 poi's to be user defined.....therefore incomplete list.......worked as jarre said though so
nice one mate
This is easily fixed. Navigate to /Navigon/Settings and edit ApplicationSettings.XML.
You should find a section near the bottom which looks like this :

<UserPois>
<MyPois>
<BaseCatName>MyPOIs</BaseCatName>
<MaxPois>1000</MaxPois>
<MaxPoiFiles>40</MaxPoiFiles>
<MaxPoiNameLength>64</MaxPoiNameLength>
<MaxPoiDataLength>512</MaxPoiDataLength>
<MaxResolution>5</MaxResolution>
</MyPois>
</UserPois>

Simply change the value against <Maxpois> from 1000 to 50000 and save the file.

Reboot the M+M and off you go.

You can select which of the categories are displayed in Options .. Settings .. Map Display .. Categories shown.
<div id="tracked_by_gacela" style="display: none;">

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
oops....arsed it up, tried as you said but it just crashed whole system, currently doing a restore (yes, I thought to do a full backup prior to buggering about with it!)

Thanks anyway

John

·
Registered
63 Posts
Privatedoc said:
oops....arsed it up, tried as you said but it just crashed whole system, currently doing a restore (yes, I thought to do a full backup prior to buggering about with it!)

Thanks anyway

John
How did you a**e it Up! ?

<div id="tracked_by_gacela" style="display: none;">

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Edited the XML file, rebooted and it wouldn't start at all, had to restore from my backup

Never mind. I use the pocketgps iPhone app and it is brilliant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Never mind. I use the pocketgps iPhone app and it is brilliant.
I also use the pocketgps app (android version) and yes it's excellent. However I have got the pocketgps database running on the Navigon and use that for the visuals but run the pocketgps app with screen off for audible alerts to match the Navigon visuals.

A bit clumsy but it works, the only problem with this setup is that I can't route the phone's (nexus 4) sound to the Navigon via bluetooth and have to rely on the phone's speaker. Bluetooth works fine for calls and media.

Would be very grateful if any one can help with this or even better if anyone can work out how to get the navigon to output it's own sound for user pio's.

Ps
Must admit I don't own an Up but am a spy from the Citigo camp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would work for outputting the sound from the phone but would this not preclude the use of the radio and music from the navigon sd card? Will have a look in the morning.Take it you can't sleep either?

·
Registered
176 Posts
If everyone is talking about speed cameras, then I bought the Speedcam databse from Fresh when I first got the car, at the time it was heavily discounted.

It is an excellent system, comparable to the TomTom system I still have; although it occasionally picks up cameras from the wrong side of the road.

Now, if the unit is switched on, whether it's on navigation, media or phone, it reduces the volume of whatever is playing at the time and announces "beware, watch your speed" at 10 seconds from the camera..... and no, it isn't irritating, far better than bl**$y cows mooing, bells ringing, horns beeping etc!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I have it to and the real roadsign upgrade...it warns you of bends etc and when you are exceeding the speed limit ....very handy ....don't forget you need to update the cameras each month via fresh as they are constantly adding to the database.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As I understand it the Fresh (Navigon) speedcam database only covers fixed cameras, I stand to be corrected if mistaken.
The big plus for the Pocketgps database is that all cameras including mobiles are covered.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts